Doomsday August 3rd

BlackoutBlackout Member Posts: 512 ■■■■□□□□□□
Taking the test on Aug 3rd! Im super nervous now that I have actually forked the money over lol. Any further advice? I have been studying with Todd Lammle's book, and using the professor messer videos.
Current Certification Path: CCNA, CCNP Security, CCDA, CCIE Security

"Practice doesn't make perfect. Perfect practice makes perfect"

Vincent Thomas "Vince" Lombardi

Comments

• dehgrahdehgrah Member Posts: 140 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Just as long as your getting atleast 80 and above on practice test you should be fine. I used Todd's book also and it helped me alot!
  • bigmantenorbigmantenor Member Posts: 233
    Flash cards are your friend! Take the practice tests on the CD with the Lammle book, and I'm sure you'll do fine.
  • PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Perhaps think of the day as your opportunity to shine rather than 'doomsday'.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • SteveO86SteveO86 Member Posts: 1,423
    Plantwiz wrote: »
    Perhaps think of the day as your opportunity to shine rather than 'doomsday'.

Agreed doomsday is quite harsh... Especially for the Network+.

Be positive and have a good state of mind.
    My Networking blog
    Latest blog post: Let's review EIGRP Named Mode
    Currently Studying: CCNP: Wireless - IUWMS
  • andy4techandy4tech Member Posts: 138
    Man there is nothing like doomday,the test is not as hard as people makes it to be,todd lammle book is a very good book,just study hard and attempt some practice test questions,you will good to go.
  • BlackoutBlackout Member Posts: 512 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Well im passing Todd Lammles practice tests with almost 87 percent, and passed the sample comptia questions with over 90. I don't know how im gonna fair but I have seen allot of people say that lammle's test are pretty on point to what you will see on the test.

• petemn79petemn79 Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Blackout wrote: »
    Taking the test on Aug 3rd! Im super nervous now that I have actually forked the money over lol. Any further advice? I have been studying with Todd Lammle's book, and using the professor messer videos.

How long have you been study and what has been your study methods?

I am just starting to study for the Network+ and looking for any advice or tips you may have.

Good luck on Aug 3rd.
    I have been studying for about 2 months. Doing flash cards, most of the flash cards are Port numbers, wiring standards, OSI, Routing protocols....etc
    I Feel I have a good grasp on whats going on. Im scoring 80%+ on the cybex test engine and the Comptia sample questions.

Im getting more and more nervous as the days go by! Im in the military and they tried to put me on the late watch the night before my exam which would mean I would work from midnight till 0800 in the morning then have to goto my exam at 1015 that day icon_sad.gif good thing I got the watch changed lol.

With that much studying invested, I wouldn't be overly concerned about the exam. As long as you know your stuff you should do well.
  • RyanCorbettRyanCorbett Member Posts: 54 ■■■□□□□□□□
    took the test this morning and i passed with a 775....studied mike harwood's " exam prep " book for several months...outlined each chapter, used common sense, and process of elimination for the questions....find a zone, think each question through, and you'll find ( like i did ) that the exam is not nearly as tough as you think.....:)

good luck--

Ryan C, Hampton, VA
    PASSED! 769 could have done better icon_sad.gif I had to subnet and struggled a bit. Either way a pass is a pass! oh and guess what! The power went out in the building as I was about to submit my exam! I had to wait another hour and a half to submit. lol

Congrats on the pass!
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
  • petemn79petemn79 Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Blackout wrote: »
    PASSED! 769 could have done better icon_sad.gif I had to subnet and struggled a bit. Either way a pass is a pass! oh and guess what! The power went out in the building as I was about to submit my exam! I had to wait another hour and a half to submit. lol

Congrats. What types of questions gave you problems?
    I had a handful of subnetting questions that gave me some issues and about 10 or so obscure questions like Camera's over IP questions that left me scratching my head. I had very little Wiring standard, port numbers. I had tons of routing protocol questions, and wireless questions. I even had the same wireless question twice, exactly word for word.

• Calito360Calito360 Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi, congrats on passing. icon_cheers.gif
    Thanx everyone for the well wishes!!! this site has been great support! icon_cheers.gif

• RyanCorbettRyanCorbett Member Posts: 54 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congratulations !
  • andy4techandy4tech Member Posts: 138
    Congrats on the pass Blackout,go get ccent now too,my advice is for you to focus on subnetting very well and know your show commands well too.
    Best of luck in your career.
    Well I got my certificate, I must say I really like looking at it :) I know its a low level cert but it holds meaning for me :):)