Server+ Incoming

zaxbysaucezaxbysauce Member Posts: 94 ■■□□□□□□□□
Scheduled for Server+ Wednesday at noon. Just recently passed Security+, and I already have A+ so I'm going to try to knock out Server+ real quick before my MCP/Net+ boot camp in a couple weeks. I have been using

Amazon.com: The Concise Server+ Study Guide (SK0-003) eBook: Jonathan Lau: Kindle Store

to study. It is basically just the outline of the 2009 objectives with each section hitting the high points of what each means. Taken a couple practice tests (one of which was apparently written for the 2001 Server+ and I realized it when it hit me with a deulge of Netware questions and asked how to properly implement a contigous file structure on multiple 600mb hard drives lol) and have done well so I'm looking forward to getting this one on my resume Wednesday. Wish me luck!

Zaxby
Transferred
LAE1 LUT1 LAT1 AXV1 TTV1 INC1 SSC1 SST1 GAC1 HHT1 TSV1 IWC1 IWT1 ABV1 BAC1 BBC1 TNV1
Finished
EWB2
WFV1 CLC1MGC1

Comments

• zaxbysaucezaxbysauce Member Posts: 94 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I leave in an hour to take it. Cram systems activated and operating at full power.
    Transferred
    LAE1 LUT1 LAT1 AXV1 TTV1 INC1 SSC1 SST1 GAC1 HHT1 TSV1 IWC1 IWT1 ABV1 BAC1 BBC1 TNV1
    Finished
    EWB2
    WFV1 CLC1MGC1
    Passed with a 814/900 :). Next up is Project +.
    Transferred
    Finished
    EWB2
    WFV1 CLC1MGC1
  • Homer JHomer J Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!
  • ArmymanisArmymanis Member Posts: 304
    how many pages was the ebook?
    55 pages. 10 or so of practice questions and answers, plus another 5+ for the introduction and ToC and such. So about 40 pages of solid test prep focusing only on what the test actually asks.
    Transferred
    Finished
    EWB2
    WFV1 CLC1MGC1
  • bigmantenorbigmantenor Member Posts: 233
    Overall, would you say that the ebook was satisfactory for passing the test? I only ask because I've been interested in knocking this one out, especially since it is still a lifetime cert.
    I would say if you passed A+ and have a good grasp of what it covered, then the ebook is all you need to get Server+. It does a really good job of honing in on and explaining only what will be on the test.

Keeping in mind I had server experience and there were only a few sections that were new to me, I used only that book to study. Read through it once, skimmed it a second time, knocked out the practice questions, and then went and took the test.
    Transferred
    Finished
    EWB2
    WFV1 CLC1MGC1
  • whatthehellwhatthehell Member Posts: 920
    Congratz! Will definitely pick up that ebook, as I wanted to knock out this test too! Thanks for the recommendation!
    2017 Goals:
    [ ] Security + [ ] 74-409 [ ] CEH
    Future Goals:
    TBD
  • bigmantenorbigmantenor Member Posts: 233
    zaxbysauce wrote: »
    I would say if you passed A+ and have a good grasp of what it covered, then the ebook is all you need to get Server+. It does a really good job of honing in on and explaining only what will be on the test.

Keeping in mind I had server experience and there were only a few sections that were new to me, I used only that book to study. Read through it once, skimmed it a second time, knocked out the practice questions, and then went and took the test.

Good advice. I'm wanting to get this knocked out after my ICND2/Security+. Thanks for the help!
  • CompuTron99CompuTron99 Member Posts: 542
    zaxbysauce wrote: »
    Passed with a 814/900 :). Next up is Project +.

Congrats on the pass.