where can i get 2003Server R2 64 bits?

brunoblissbrunobliss Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey guys, i'm now preparing for the exchange 2007 exam and it apparently requires 2003 server r2 64bits. I can easily find 2008 server, and the manual says it is ok but still i wanted to go by the book.

Do i really need to ? Or should i use the 2008 server eval?

Comments

• RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    brunobliss wrote: »
    Hey guys, i'm now preparing for the exchange 2007 exam and it apparently requires 2003 server r2 64bits. I can easily find 2008 server, and the manual says it is ok but still i wanted to go by the book.

Do i really need to ? Or should i use the 2008 server eval?

Have you looked on the VMWare Virtual Appliance page?

I would just use the 2008 eval. I cannot imagine that there will be a huge bonus for you to find a 2003 x64 eval.
  • brunoblissbrunobliss Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    thank you for the tip, i've found that page before but i think that is the 32bit version i need x64 icon_sad.gif
  • RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    thank you for the tip, i've found that page before but i think that is the 32bit version i need x64 icon_sad.gif
    Unless you have technet or something similar then you will likely be stuck with using 2008 R2.
  • jibbajabbajibbajabba Member Posts: 4,317 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Exchange 2007 is also available as 32 Bit version for evaluation.

Download Details - Microsoft Download Center - Exchange Server 2007 - Evaluation Software
    My own knowledge base made public: http://open902.com :p
    jibbajabba wrote: »
    Exchange 2007 is also available as 32 Bit version for evaluation.

Download Details - Microsoft Download Center - Exchange Server 2007 - Evaluation Software

yeh i know, but the problem is that the manual also says that all the study will be based on exchange 2007 64 bits .... these requirements are killing me ! aas there seems to be no easy way of preparing the labs, has anyone took this exam? Do i need to care about which version of the OS i will be using?
  • jibbajabbajibbajabba Member Posts: 4,317 ■■■■■■■■□□
    yeh i know, but the problem is that the manual also says that all the study will be based on exchange 2007 64 bits .... these requirements are killing me ! aas there seems to be no easy way of preparing the labs, has anyone took this exam? Do i need to care about which version of the OS i will be using?

Doesn't make a difference whether you use 32 or 64 Bit for your studies. The main difference in using a different architecture are hardware limits such as RAM.

The reason the book "demands" 64 Bit is that the 32 Bit version is not supported by Microsoft for production environments.

The software, i.e. Exchange, is the exact same, there aren't any features in 64 Bit you'd miss in 32 Bit ...
    My own knowledge base made public: http://open902.com :p
    thank you for answering this! :) I began to use 2008 server but already can see major diferences in the installation method so it is probably best if i stick with 2003 server to finish MCSA.

It's sad (and actually a bit dumb) taht we can't use exchange server 2010 to complete mcsa, even because, 70-236 will retire next year ...