Options

Aruba Certification

odysseyeliteodysseyelite Member Posts: 504 ■■■■■□□□□□
Anyone sat for Aruba's certs? I did a search on Careerbuilder and did not see any results.

I was just curious because we are installing their product at work and the boss said they send me for training at some point. I figured might as well for the exam if that is the case.
Currently reading: Start with Why: How Great Leaders Inspire Everyone to Take Action

Comments

• Options
    chrisonechrisone Member Posts: 2,278 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Doesnt hurt to tack on wireless certs from vendors if your career is in the wireless field. I would get the main (CWNP, Cisco) wireless certs though before investing time and money on aruba certs.
    Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
    2023 Cert Goals: SC-100, eCPTX
  • Options
    odysseyeliteodysseyelite Member Posts: 504 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I don't plan on going the wireless route, but was curious if anyone else had them. To me, seems like only the vendors selling the equipment has it.

If someone wants to pay for it, then to me its worth it.
    Currently reading: Start with Why: How Great Leaders Inspire Everyone to Take Action
  • Options
    PsychoFinPsychoFin Member Posts: 280
    Well, currently the main forces in the wireless arena are Aruba and Cisco with a couple others vying for the top spot. If you are getting training on some of the Aruba gear, you should try to get their certs as well. It won't hurt. I am highly biased towards CWNP and their certs as I think that they are awesome. You get such a strong foundation from the CWNA that it's hard to justify one only taking the CCNA:W for example.

Most people who have vendor certs will be partners and distributors though, as they need to be certified in order to sell the stuff :)

Cheers,
    Fin
  • Options
    phonetic.manphonetic.man Member Posts: 79 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Anyone sat for Aruba's certs? I did a search on Careerbuilder and did not see any results.

I was just curious because we are installing their product at work and the boss said they send me for training at some point. I figured might as well for the exam if that is the case.

I run Aruba gear at my school district and I would love to go through their certification, but I'm not paying for it out of pocket and work isn't either.

So my plans for the near future is CWNA, CWSP and CCNA:W.
    Currently studying: Backup Academy, CWNA, MCSA:08, iBoss ISCP