Options

Taking SY0-201, need help

Treadstone71Treadstone71 Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi to all.
I am a new one here. I found this forum very helpful. I am particularly grateful to the following post http://www.techexams.net/forums/security/862-technotes-security.html

I need help from the members who have passed sy0-201 in 2011. I scheduled the exam 24th August. Not 301 :) This is what I need:
1. Do Sybex.CompTIA Security+ Study Guide, 4th Edition is enough to pass exam? Its a 2011. and the book is from 2009.
2. At the beginning I took from the book a practical test. I had exactly 75 percent correct answers. I plan to read the book 2 times. Do you think it would be enough?
3. Do get more time people outside the English-speaking area?
4. I also have a book for 301 (Sybex). Do you think that I should read it or not?

Thank you for your help in advance.

Best regards

Comments

• Options
    MrAgentMrAgent Member Posts: 1,310 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Darril Gibson's book is the only book youll need for 201. Im sure others will say the same shortly.
  • Options
    Thank you. What about other things?
  • Options
    MrAgentMrAgent Member Posts: 1,310 ■■■■■■■■□□
    If you get Darril's book and are able to pass the questions in the book, you will be able to pass the test. Its the best book for 201.

I dont know about time for non english. Maybe you can take the exam in your native language?
  • Options
    Thanks. There is no exam on Serbian language :)
  • Options
    zaxbysaucezaxbysauce Member Posts: 94 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I'm almost positive non-native English speakers get 30 extra minutes to take the exam.
    Transferred
    LAE1 LUT1 LAT1 AXV1 TTV1 INC1 SSC1 SST1 GAC1 HHT1 TSV1 IWC1 IWT1 ABV1 BAC1 BBC1 TNV1
    Finished
    EWB2
    WFV1 CLC1MGC1
  • Options
    Thanks.
    So, everyone think that the Sybex book for 2008 objectives is garbage?
  • Options
    Dr ITDr IT Member Posts: 351 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Well you can go ahead wit the 301 version ( but i am not sure if the current sybex book is good enough ) as for the 201 version Darills book is the best resource but i used the Syngress and the Sybex book which helped me pass the exam

Good luck to you
    Venturing in to the Unknown

Target 2018 : SSCP VCP- DTM

The Difference between the Ordinary and the Extra-Ordinary is that Little " Extra ".