Where Can I Find Labs and Study Materials.

tfishertfisher Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello everyone,
I am wanting begin studying for the A+ exams and I was wandering if there was somewhere I could find some free study materials and labs. I do have have some reading material but I believe some labs would be very beneficial. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I suggest finding some old computer on ebay so you can take it apart and put it back together. You'll get a feel for what part is what. What book are you using to study from? Be careful of material that comes offline because some websites have cheating materials. If you come across a website that say "100% pass or your money back" or something like that, I wouldn't suggest it.
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • tfishertfisher Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I do have a couple old computers that I take apart and rebuild which is very helpful. I am currently reading study guides Sybex- Comptia A+ Complete 2009 and Pearson 2009. I also have some CBT Nuggets that I watch. Are these adequate enough to use for preparing for the test's. I welcome any other advice you may have.
  • instant000instant000 Member Posts: 1,745
    tfisher wrote: »
    I do have a couple old computers that I take apart and rebuild which is very helpful. I am currently reading study guides Sybex- Comptia A+ Complete 2009 and Pearson 2009. I also have some CBT Nuggets that I watch. Are these adequate enough to use for preparing for the test's. I welcome any other advice you may have.

As I remember it, A+ is two tests: one for hardware, and another for operating system. Make sure that you practice everything, and you should do just fine.

There may be some things that I would just call "memorization tables" which contain such trivia as bus speeds and what not, and those are things that are ideally placed on flash cards.

CueCard Home Page

That's a free program.

Mnemosyne is another free one.

Welcome to the Mnemosyne Project | The Mnemosyne Project

I recommend doing whatever it takes to help you remember the material.

Hope this helps!
    Currently Working: CCIE R&S
    LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/lewislampkin (Please connect: Just say you're from TechExams.Net!)
  • tfishertfisher Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I will check these out. Thanks
  • tabithancalvintabithancalvin Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I just passed both A+ Essentials 810/900 and A+ Practical Application 779/900. My only source was Labsim and Professor Messer videos for both. I highly recommend watching all of the Professor Messer videos because it gave me a better understanding...
  • asoftasoft Member Posts: 74 ■■□□□□□□□□
    There are some exam cram notes (49 pages) available for A+ preparation. Checkout:
    http://www.simulationexams.com/exam-cram/Aplus-Notes.pdf

It will be useful for last minute review. Sorry the file is 300K+ and therefore could not be uploaded!
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    I just passed both A+ Essentials 810/900 and A+ Practical Application 779/900. My only source was Labsim and Professor Messer videos for both. I highly recommend watching all of the Professor Messer videos because it gave me a better understanding...

Yup, the Professor Messer videos are an excellent resources. I can also highly recommend them.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.