VoIP At Home

gregorio323gregorio323 Member Posts: 201 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hey guys,

I want to set up a VoIP environment lab at home but also use it for my main phone lines. I have a 2801, POE Switches, and a few Cisco 7960 IP Phones What are the requirements or service provides that can give me some good deals for SIP trunking with out so much extra equipment. :) i want to start my VoIP journey but nothing beats a real live working environment.

Comments

• shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
    Hey guys,

I want to set up a VoIP environment lab at home but also use it for my main phone lines. I have a 2801, POE Switches, and a few Cisco 7960 IP Phones What are the requirements or service provides that can give me some good deals for SIP trunking with out so much extra equipment. :) i want to start my VoIP journey but nothing beats a real live working environment.

Do a show inventory to make sure you have DSP's onboard. If no DSP's you can get a small PVDM2-8 or 16. Get CME on your gateway. Next try one of the cheaper SIP carriers out there like flow route, or Netvorex and so on. If you like that then expand to getting a CUE module for your gateway and continue on.
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related
  • gregorio323gregorio323 Member Posts: 201 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Would it be more ideal to just get a UC520?
  • mikezmikez Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
    The UC520 is a nice piece of equipment but it is expensive. I'd love to get my hands on one. perhaps i need to sell my asa 5505 and just get one of those....
  • ColbyGColbyG Member Posts: 1,264
    I use Flowroute. They've been solid for a couple years.

Personally, I wouldn't buy a UC520. A 2800 is fine, IMO. I use a 2811 at home.