Finally Passed 70-290

RastamanRastaman Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
After 4 try I finally passed the 70-290 test. Score 850. I'll try 70-270 next any suggested Books or test engines?
"Do, or do not. There is no 'try'." - Yoda ('The Empire Strikes Back')

Comments

• 3000GT3000GT Member Posts: 212
    I would say MS Press book is the best and sybex...ive just passed it and doing 70-290 now, what books you recommend for me :D
  • jescabjescab Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,321
    CONGRATZ dude......
    GO STEELERS GO - STEELERS RULE
  • masaloumasalou Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations !!!
  • ritamshomeritamshome Member Posts: 57 ■■□□□□□□□□
    CONGRATULATIONS. . KUDOS TO YOU for cracking 70-290.As was asked before plz tell us what test engines,books &/or websites did you use to sail through .

signing out--ritamshome
  • DaPunnisherDaPunnisher Member Posts: 108
    Congratulations!

Right now for the 70-290 I'm using Thompson/Netg CBT, CramMaster audio and plain ol' on the job training. I'll let you know how things go. I plan on taking the exam before the end of the year. icon_wink.gif
  • evanderburgevanderburg Member Posts: 229 ■■■□□□□□□□
    What did you think of the audio training? I was looking at one package for listening to in the car as I go to work but I was not sure if it is worth the money.
    "You can never know everything and part of what you know is always wrong. Perhaps even the most important part. A portion of wisdom lies in knowing that. A portion of courage lies in going on anyway. " - Lan, Winter's Heart by Robert Jordan
  • DaPunnisherDaPunnisher Member Posts: 108
    What did you think of the audio training? I was looking at one package for listening to in the car as I go to work but I was not sure if it is worth the money.

First of all, the audio 3 CD set comes in a question/answer format with the crammaster having the exact same questions! So, if you buy one, don't waste your money on the other. The guy talks very monotone with alot of lip smaking as if the guy was eating peanut butter! Totally Gross! He explains the answers from the questions, which is helpful, But i'm pretty sure you won't see any of the questions on the actual exam worded the way they are in the crammasters. Alot of questions are repeated in a different context and some are just plain stupid such as, "You are an administrator of a 2003 Server, Shadow Copies are What?"

I liked AudioExam better, except for the fact that they try to cram everything in an hours time which clearly doesn't cover hardly any material.

Let me put it this way, I offered 7 FREE crammaster titles for a contest on my website and not a single person claimed them! At $99 a pop you think somebody would have taken it!

The Thompson/Netg CBT is awesome, but expensive! Access to all of their titles for two people for a year was over $5000! I'm glad I was able to con, er...I mean convince my boss to pay for it! I should have went into sales!
  • AlienAlien Member Posts: 398
    Bravo!!!!! icon_thumright.gif
    Hard times on planet earth.
  • janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Congratulations, Rastaman!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • woodwormwoodworm Member Posts: 153
    Congratulations!! :D

I've failed it twice so far and have found it very hard exam (obviously!).

The 270 exam is much easier in comparison so I'm sure you will sail through that one.

Make sure you have a beer or three before starting on the next exam though!
  • TURTLEGIRLTURTLEGIRL Member Posts: 361
    CONGRATULATIONS :D:D
    If you don't know 24 then you don't know Jack!