June 2011 CISA/CISM results

Comments

• rsf01757rsf01757 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Whew, what a long wait. After monitoring this forum and seeing the results were out, I checked my home email and saw that I passed with a 624! Not sure how that rates compared to the scale but I'll take it. For those not so lucky, stay with it and buy the All-In-One CISA book and CISA Study Guide by Cannon and you'll pass next time. Now comes the application part.
  • VegasResidentVegasResident Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Going to defcon also to celebrate.

I have been in IS Auditing for 8 years and then IT prior to that along with my CISSP which I took 8 years ago, so my preparation consisted of a total of 5 days right before the exam. Phew...got lucky

Filled out and printed the application. Getting the verification signed this week.
  • difeqdifeq Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I just joined to congratulate myself as well. CISM---PASSED!!!
  • coolz203coolz203 Member Posts: 73 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I have NOT gotten my CISA exam grade emailed yet. Does that mean I failed?icon_sad.gif This is killing me!
  • sreenath11sreenath11 Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Results received. I cleared CISM. Congratulati
  • sreenath11sreenath11 Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Results announced. I cleared cism. conratulations to those who cleared.

thanks
    Anybody else here who has taken the June 2011 CISA exam, have not received their results via email?
  • colemiccolemic Member Posts: 1,569 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I would call ISACA and see what the deal is. The ISACA portal still shows results pending, so you won't get any info there. Check your spam filters. Crossing my fingers that you passed, amigo!
    Working on: staying alive and staying employed
  • darkladdiedarkladdie Member Posts: 25 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Passed but barely. I got 519. Here is my breakdown.
    The Process of Auditing Information Systems: 345
    Governance and Management of IT: 593
    Information Systems Acquisition, Development and Implementation: 397
    Information Systems Operations, Maintenance and Support: 571
    Protection of Information Assets: 605

I have a lot more studying to do... Just more CPEs I guess.
  • phatsacksphatsacks Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • JimmyHanJimmyHan Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Whoaa didn't pass the exam. Bad day. icon_sad.gif
  • shaqazoolushaqazoolu Member Posts: 259 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Interesting that there will be others from here at DEF CON. Knowing that I passed will also make it much more enjoyable for me.
    :study:
  • Sam2011Sam2011 Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations to all who passed CISA & CISM icon_sunny.gif

I didn't pass CISA exam icon_sad.gif, I will give it another try in December 2011..
    Please give me any advice you can about the exam
    So I called ISACA and they said they portal should be updated with the exam results by EOB Thursday. Just a little slow. Lol.
  • phatsacksphatsacks Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    JimmyHan wrote: »
    Whoaa didn't pass the exam. Bad day. icon_sad.gif

Sam2011 wrote: »
    I didn't pass CISA exam icon_sad.gif, I will give it another try in December 2011..

Anyone who did not make it on the June exam, please feel free to contact me via phatsacks on gmail, and I'll be glad to go over your previous training plan, and see what we can do to better position you for taking it in December. Remember - Failing the exam was not a bad thing, it was access to the best study material.
  • JackOfAllTradesJackOfAllTrades Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I got the long awaited email yesterday, and we sure did celebrate icon_cheers.gif
  • nkayvidankayvida Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    1st time poster! passed CISA! score 566. frist attempt. so so excited.

The Process of Auditing Information Systems: 428
    Governance and Management of IT: 593
    Information Systems Acquisition, Development and Implementation 676
    Information Systems Operations, Maintenance and Support: 596
    Protection of Information Assets: 527
  • JimmyHanJimmyHan Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    phatsacks wrote: »
    Anyone who did not make it on the June exam, please feel free to contact me via phatsacks on gmail, and I'll be glad to go over your previous training plan, and see what we can do to better position you for taking it in December. Remember - Failing the exam was not a bad thing, it was access to the best study material.

Hi Phat, thanks. Looking forward to talk to you. :)
    Btw, I have registered the December exam seconds after I read the result. Hooaaa.
    Ok so after all my stressing, I passed the CISA exam not by not much but passed.:D
  • redmondredmond Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I would suggest you to buy on the ISACA website. If you are a ISACA member, you do get a discount. All the best.
  • porchemasiporchemasi Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    icon_cheers.gif I passed the CISA on my first attempt!

Now if anyone can help me find a JR IT Audit position within the GTA (Toronto, ON) I can start building my requirements! icon_lol.gif

Study Tips:
    -I registered and attended the Official CISA Exam Prep Course (every Saturday morning) It was fairly expensive and some instructors were better than others. But all in all I did pass...

-Do ALL the sample questions from the CD. MEMORIZE the answer and reasons as to why its not the others options.
  • darkladdiedarkladdie Member Posts: 25 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Passed but barely. I got a 519.
    Just time to study more and earn some more CPEs.
  • NeriKuttaNeriKutta Registered Users Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    1. How long does it normally take for ISACA to certify from the time CISA certification application gets submitted? I submitted the application on the 3rd of August 2011 by fax.

2. Is there any way to know what the overall pass rate for CISA June 2011 exam is? Are there statistics on past CISA exam pass rates?
  • demmy2004demmy2004 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Passed CISA, was great doing the Exam and passing... So i think CISSP or CEH next up for grabsicon_cheers.gif
  • badrottiebadrottie Member Posts: 116
    NeriKutta wrote: »
    1. How long does it normally take for ISACA to certify from the time CISA certification application gets submitted? I submitted the application on the 3rd of August 2011 by fax.

2. Is there any way to know what the overall pass rate for CISA June 2011 exam is? Are there statistics on past CISA exam pass rates?

1. I understand it can take up to 8 weeks. I suspect their crack team of geriatric snails shift from scoring exams to processing endorsement applications. Be prepared to wait.

2. The CISA historically has a pass rate of 50% from published results. It has been improving, but it is by no means an easy exam.
  • Inbahrain2011Inbahrain2011 Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    This is my first post on the forum. After 8 long weeks finally I find out I passed the CISM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!icon_cheers.gif. I have a question for the forum. I am applying for a new job and want to know if it is acceptable to put it on my resume but to anotate that it is pending endorsement. Please give your opinions on this subject. Thanks guys.
    I sent in my application last week on Wednesday by fax. I called to verify that it was received and for some reason a few pages were missing. I then resent via email. On Friday I got back an email saying they are reviewing the application and the portal says the application is complete. I hope it won't take 8 weeks to get the certification.
  • VegasResidentVegasResident Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Sam2011 wrote: »
    Congratulations to all who passed CISA & CISM icon_sunny.gif

First question...how much experience do you have in IS auditing? The more the better and the easier it is to pass and the easier it is to make recommendations on what to study.
  • badrottiebadrottie Member Posts: 116
    Received my notice from ISACA yesterday. I am officially a CISM :)

Documents submitted August 19th
    Endorsement received August 24th

6 day turn-around! That was even faster than (ISC)2.
    Very cool badrottie. I got my notification yesterday that I am now a CISA. Now on to the next cert.