My quest to conquer the JNCIX-ENT track

PsychoFinPsychoFin Member Posts: 280
Hey there fellow networkoholics,

After attaining my CCNP a couple months back I have decided to go after a couple of the Juniper certifications. Since the JNCIA-JUNOS is a prerequisite I will first have to get that one done, which I anticipate to do in the next 8 weeks or so. After this, the JNCIS and JNCIP will be next on my list.

So, I am going to be counting on the Juniper Fast Track Portal at Fast Track Program - Routing and Switching Certification - Juniper Networks for most of my needs. For convenience, I have also copied the exam topics into a Word sheet that I have printed. I will go through this list from top to bottom and cross out whichever topics I feel that I have mastered, so that I can spend the most time on the tougher things.

The equipment that I have at my disposal for now is an SRX210 and an EX2200. I am sure that this should be more than enough for the JNCIA-JUNOS and most likely JNCIS-ENT as well. Only time will tell, however.

I am thinking of using this thread in the same way as the guys over in the CCIE section use theirs; to document my studies and progress toward the certs :)

Comments

• Ryan82Ryan82 Member Posts: 428
    Good luck man, I don't think you should have too much problems with that gear at your disposal and the material available on the fast track portal.

I literally spent like 3 evenings reading over the 2 pdf's and went and took the JNCIA. With your CCNP knowledge it should be pretty easy.
  • AldurAldur Member Posts: 1,460
    The ENT track is next on my list too. Although, I just need to pick up the IP-ENT and that'll turn my IE-ER into an IE-ENT. So no lab exam required! :D

Although, the IP-ENT seems pretty intense, that studying required that is. Yet another sign that switching is my weak point. :s
    "Bribe is such an ugly word. I prefer extortion. The X makes it sound cool."

-Bender
  • nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Good luck.

i literally used a single olive in gns3 for JUNOS. the pdfs on the fast track are more than enough too. Ive heard once you have the NP knowledge its much easier for you to cross over and bash out the juniper stuff, once you've learned there spin/commands on things.

I work with juniper on the routing side on a daily basis, they have some awesome kit and i really like juniper products. Shame that we are moving to Cisco ASRs now but im hoping to continue on with juniper in my line of work.
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • PsychoFinPsychoFin Member Posts: 280
    Aldur wrote: »
    The ENT track is next on my list too. Although, I just need to pick up the IP-ENT and that'll turn my IE-ER into an IE-ENT. So no lab exam required! :D

Although, the IP-ENT seems pretty intense, that studying required that is. Yet another sign that switching is my weak point. :s

Nice one! Must be nice not having to do the lab hehe :) My goal is to get the IP-ENT by the end of the year. Me and a colleague are working towards that goal together.

Cheers,
    Fin
    nel wrote: »
    Good luck.

i literally used a single olive in gns3 for JUNOS. the pdfs on the fast track are more than enough too. Ive heard once you have the NP knowledge its much easier for you to cross over and bash out the juniper stuff, once you've learned there spin/commands on things.

I work with juniper on the routing side on a daily basis, they have some awesome kit and i really like juniper products. Shame that we are moving to Cisco ASRs now but im hoping to continue on with juniper in my line of work.

Yup, Juniper indeed has some awesome kit :D The command syntax throws me off once in a while...
    Alright guys! I've now finished going through the two pdfs in the fast track. I will do the pre-assessment and the practice exam (https://learningportal.juniper.net/juniper/user_activity_info.aspx?id=3624) later today. Once I've got that coveted voucher I will schedule the exam.

Cheers,
    Fin
  • nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Good luck.
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • NightShade03NightShade03 Member Posts: 1,383 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Good luck on your studies. I'm working on the same path at the moment too icon_smile.gif
    Alright, I feel pretty much ready to go! Voucher has been obtained through the fast track program, and I will probably schedule the exam for Friday or Monday.

Read through both study guides and have done some basic configuring on my SRX and EX.

Cheers,
    Fin
  • AldurAldur Member Posts: 1,460
    Good luck Fin! Let us know how it goes. :D
    "Bribe is such an ugly word. I prefer extortion. The X makes it sound cool."

-Bender