Simulating the internet

andyman212andyman212 Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello All

I am trying to simulate a site to site vpn conection via one router to the other but i want to create a virtual internet in the middle to simulate that the tunnel is going through an ISP can anyone think of any thing.

Thanks

Comments

• BrizoHBrizoH Member Posts: 73 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Just create a 3 router setup with the middle router acting as the ISP - i.e

Router A 10.1.1.1/30 > Router B 10.1.1.2/30
    Router B 10.1.1.5/30 > Router C 10.1.1.6/30
  • andyman212andyman212 Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Ok thanks, do i need NAT or any access-lists to make it more realistic ?
  • BrizoHBrizoH Member Posts: 73 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Initially, I would just concentrate on getting your VPN tunnel up and running on a 2 router point to point set up.

Once you've got that nailed, then add an 'ISP' router in the middle - after you're good with that then you could always add in NAT to make it more realistic

Bear in mind that in a real life NAT environment normally you exempt your crypo traffic from NAT using route-maps - the exam doesn't go that deep though, as long as you can set up/troubleshoot VPN's you'll be fine
  • andyman212andyman212 Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Ok Thank you very much for your help :)
  • Maced129Maced129 Member Posts: 78 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I wouldn't mess with NAT for studying your ccna:s, there are things that could mess with your VPN that i've ran into.

I would mess with access-lists though, maybe add a zone-based firewall in between one of your vpn endpoint routers and the "isp" router to get more practice with each configuration since they are both on the ccna:s.