Options

Now that I slayed CISM were do I go from here

Inbahrain2011Inbahrain2011 Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
I passed the CISM and now I am thinking about the next cert I want to go for. I was thinking SSCP but a coworker who has CISSP was like just go for CISSP. I am not ready to take that on since I am also planning a wedding. I was also thinking of going for GIAC GISF, but I think it might be a waste since I already have Security+, and from the looks of it GIAC makes you attend one of there classes before you attain the cert. So any advice or thoughts would be welcome.

Comments

• Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,031 Admin
    If you have the experience to get the full CISSP certification then do it. Having the Security+ cert will require you to have only four years of documented, full-time InfoSec work experience for full certification. There are very few certs that will give you more knowledge, and your resume more moxie, than the CISSP. It's worth the effort.
  • Options
    badrottiebadrottie Member Posts: 116
    Having the CISSP on your resume/CV is definitely a "standout" point. I find the CISSP domains are closely aligned to their equivalents in the CISM. That being said, I would highly recommend studying all domains prior to attempting the exam. In my experience, I did not study for the CISM, as I found that there was considerable overlap (Personal opinion only, I feel the CISSP is harder to obtain, but YMMV). That being said, if you qualify for the CISM, chances are you already have the requisite work experience to qualify for the CISSP.

Regardless, congratulations on the pass on the CISM.