CCIE Lab Scheduled

Ten9t6Ten9t6 Member Posts: 691
Well.....I finally did it. I scheduled the R/S lab for November 16th. Now I just need to work on the 200 or so hours of hands on before then. I have an IPExpert boot camp, IPExpert R/S v7 lab manual, IPExpert gold membership, and about 170 hours that will be booked on Proctor Labs by the end of the day.......Who knows, maybe I will be one of the few that get it on the first try..... icon_wink.gif We shall see........

Kenny :D
Kenny

A+, Network+, Linux+, Security+, MCSE+I, MCSE:Security, MCDBA, CCNP, CCDP, CCSP, CCVP, CCIE Written (R/S, Voice),INFOSEC, JNCIA (M and FWV), JNCIS (M and FWV), ENA, C|EH, ACA, ACS, ACE, CTP, CISSP, SSCP, MCIWD, CIWSA

Comments

• D-boyD-boy Member Posts: 595
  • jve29jve29 Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    How easy is it to get a job with CCIE? I know CCIE jobs are probably easy to get. I currently am the network engineer for a corporation but am studying to get CCIE. I want to go into the consultant side of the world, for more money of course, so what are the thoughts? Can you just walk in somewhere and get a job?
  • shadown7shadown7 Member Posts: 529
    Good luck! Keep us posted!!
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Good luck Kenny and have fun preparing!
    jve29 wrote:
    How easy is it to get a job with CCIE? I know CCIE jobs are probably easy to get. I currently am the network engineer for a corporation but am studying to get CCIE. I want to go into the consultant side of the world, for more money of course, so what are the thoughts? Can you just walk in somewhere and get a job?
    Pretty much everyone who gets CCIE will already have a job and several years of experience, which by itself would make it easier to get a (different) job. One doesn't get CCIE to get a job, but to advance in a networking career.
  • TheShadowTheShadow Member Posts: 1,057 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Ah the final miles that many never get to walk. Best of luck. Looks like you have a good battle plan.
    Who knows what evil lurks in the heart of technology?... The Shadow DO
  • Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    Good Luck! I'm sure you'll get it first time, you obviously have the dedication, and all you need now is an easy lab......
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • darkuserdarkuser Member Posts: 620 ■■■□□□□□□□
    they're **ALL** easy icon_twisted.gif

good luck man .... my written expired
    i have to re-take it.
    rm -rf /
  • Ten9t6Ten9t6 Member Posts: 691
    darkuser wrote:
    they're **ALL** easy icon_twisted.gif

good luck man .... my written expired
    i have to re-take it.

haha...I let that happen the first time...and then sat on it almost 1 year this time. I also let my Security written expire.....that is next on the hit list...then off to JNCIP. The good times never end! :D

Kenny
    Kenny

A+, Network+, Linux+, Security+, MCSE+I, MCSE:Security, MCDBA, CCNP, CCDP, CCSP, CCVP, CCIE Written (R/S, Voice),INFOSEC, JNCIA (M and FWV), JNCIS (M and FWV), ENA, C|EH, ACA, ACS, ACE, CTP, CISSP, SSCP, MCIWD, CIWSA
  • garv221garv221 Member Posts: 1,914
    Best of luck to you. It says alot even attempting for the exam.
  • darkmagicdarkmagic Member Posts: 127
    Hat's off to you kenny :)
    321hahaha.jpg
  • matlmatl Member Posts: 36 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Good luck! Keep us informed!
  • QUIX0TICQUIX0TIC Member Posts: 277
    GLHF... and best wishes. Would a pass constitute multiple beers or just one very expensive one?
    "To realize one's destiny is a person's only obligation."
  • lordylordy Member Posts: 632 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Best of luck, Kenny. If there is somebody here who can do it, it's probably you ;)

I can't wait to read your comments on the lab icon_smile.gif
    Working on CCNP: [X] SWITCH --- [ ] ROUTE --- [ ] TSHOOT
    Goal for 2014: RHCA
    Goal for 2015: CCDP
  • porengoporengo Member Posts: 343
    Best of luck to you! icon_thumright.gif
    Thanks everyone .......
    QUIX0TIC wrote:
    GLHF... and best wishes. Would a pass constitute multiple beers or just one very expensive one?

I really only drink one beer...Corona...

But, after a lab pass.......I may get a bottle of Remy Martin Louis XIII..!! icon_wink.gif

Well..actually..since our first baby will be here in March, I probably need to get something a little cheaper...like a good bottle of Bookers. :D

Kenny
    Kenny

• QUIX0TICQUIX0TIC Member Posts: 277
    Hahhaha... He wants bookers. I guess we are in the same boat then but you are about 2 years ahead of me. Best of luck.
    "To realize one's destiny is a person's only obligation."
    are you ready for the jan 1 lab changes ?

On January 1, 2006, Cisco will make significant content changes to several CCIE lab exams. Based on our ongoing review of exam content and your feedback, we will make these changes to reflect current networking practices.

These changes will include the following:

CCIE Routing and Switching written and lab exams will no longer include the following protocols or media types: DLSW, IS-IS, ISDN, PPP over Ethernet, and ATM.
    CCIE Security lab exams will no longer test on ISDN technology, and ATM will no longer be covered as a Layer 2 transport protocol for WAN connectivity.
    CCIE Voice lab exams will no longer cover ATM as a Layer 2 transport protocol for WAN connectivity.

here's ie's new lap topology

Updated Hardware Topology for Jan 1st 2006
    In preparation for the lab changes coming January 1st 2006 Internetwork Expert is updating its physical topology. This change will apply to all new Instructor-Led and Self-Paced product lines. Due to the removal of ISDN and ATM, the R4 to R5 ISDN link will be replaced by two back-to-back serial links, while the R6 to BB1 ATM link will be replaced by Frame Relay. In addition to this, platform upgrades will occur on R3, R4, and R6. R3 and R4 will be upgraded to 3640s for added feature support. R6 will be upgraded to a 3825, while 1000base-T GBICs will be added on SW1 and SW2 (one each) to connect to the 10/100/1000 interfaces of the 3825. IOS version information will be available pending the release of IEWB-RS Version 3.0. The new Internetwork Expert physical topology will be as follows:

Device Platform RAM Flash Modules
    R1 2620 64 32 2 x WIC-1T
    R2 2620 64 32 2 x WIC-1T
    R3 3640 128 32 1 x NM-4A/S, 1 x NM-2E2W
    R4 3640 128 32 1 x NM-2E2W, 1 x WIC-1T, 1 x WIC-2T
    R5 3640 128 32 1 x NM-2E2W, 1 x WIC-1T, 1 x WIC-2T
    R6 3825 256 64 1 x WIC-1T
    SW1 3550 Default Default N/A
    SW2 3550 Default Default N/A

The external devices requirements will be as follows:

Device Interfaces
    BB1 1 x Serial, 1 interface to connect to BB3 (arbitrary media type)
    BB2 1 x Ethernet
    BB3 1 x Ethernet, 1 interface to connect to BB1 (arbitrary media type)
    Frame Relay Switch 8 x Serial
    Access Server (Optional) 8 x TTY
    rm -rf /
    Cisco Announces Changes to the CCIE Lab Exam Effective Jan 1st 2006
    Effective January 1, 2006 all CCIE Routing and Switching lab locations will begin introducing the Cisco 3825 Integrated Services Router into the exam racks. These routers support Ethernet, Fast Ethernet and Gigabit Ethernet interfaces and will eventually replace the Series 2600 and Series 3600 models. Along with the router change, the CCIE R&S lab will be upgrading the IOS to 12.3 mainline (for the Cisco 2600 and 3600 Series Routers), 12.4 mainline (for Cisco 3700 and 3800 Series Routers) and 12.2 for Cisco Catalyst 3550 switches.

All CCIE R&S candidates taking exams January 1, 2006 or later should be familiar with the updated IOS and equipment, although the installations to replace the routers will take place over several weeks and it is possible some candidates may not see the new equipment in their exams.

In addition to this the Routing and Switching written and lab exams will no longer include the following protocols or media types: DLSW, IS-IS, ISDN, PPP over Ethernet, and ATM.
    rm -rf /
    Yup... I saw the changes. Hopefully, I won't have to worry about them. I take the lab November 16th....If I am one of the small few that get it on the first try...I won't have to worry about the changes.

But....If I miss it on the first attempt, I will not be able to get back into the lab before the new year....everyone seems to be trying to beat this change and get a lab scheduled.

Kenny
    Kenny

that happens everytime. in 2001 eveyone was crying for a date trying to beat the token ring changes.
    if you know the core topics inside and out the details don't matter.

many people rush to try the lab only to get spanked.
    my cisco se passed on his 4th attempt after I refered him to internetwork expert.
    rm -rf /
    darkuser wrote:
    that happens everytime. in 2001 eveyone was crying for a date trying to beat the token ring changes.
    if you know the core topics inside and out the details don't matter.

many people rush to try the lab only to get spanked.
    my cisco se passed on his 4th attempt after I refered him to internetwork expert.

I might have to check them out. I have been hearing good things about them.

one of the guys I work with gave up...he has taken the test 6 times. One of the CCIE's I work with passed it on the 4th try. He also took his JNCIE and passed it on the second try. I have have been trying to learn as much as I can from him.

Kenny
    Kenny

• JASON123JASON123 Member Posts: 57 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I wanted to revive this thread just to say good luck and I hope you do well.
  • TeKniquesTeKniques Member Posts: 1,262 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Good Luck Ten9t6!

Tomorrow is the big day!
  • Hey, I'll trade brains with you! huh? what do ya say!!? ^_^;

Good luck man! You're gonna do fine on the exam.
  • KGhaleonKGhaleon Member Posts: 1,346 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Indeed, best of luck on your exam tomorrow. Come and inform us as soon as your done celebrating. ;)
    Just remember: Relax.

KG
    Present goals: MCAS, MCSA, 70-680
  • keenonkeenon Member Posts: 1,922 ■■■■□□□□□□
    good luck

k

icon_thumright.gif
    Become the stainless steel sharp knife in a drawer full of rusty spoons
  • keatronkeatron Member Posts: 1,213 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Good luck Kenny. I'm in Dallas in two weeks, if you pass I'll look you up and buy you a real drink. A Tom Collins icon_wink.gif
  • TheShadowTheShadow Member Posts: 1,057 ■■■■■■□□□□
    the best my friend.
    Who knows what evil lurks in the heart of technology?... The Shadow DO
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    I'll tell you the same thing my father told me during my first martial arts tournament when I was sixteen. I was standing across the ring, watching this six-foot four-inch gorilla climb in and begin a warm-up routine that made him look like he was made of rubber and could punch through. . . err. . . a dumptruck. In any case, I was very nervous, and even the advice from my trainer's father, the grandmaster, wasn't all that comforting. Then, my own father came up to me, patted me on the back, and said, "Just remember this: the worst thing that can possibly happen, is that everything will go straight to hell."

Having that fresh in my head just seconds before the bell rang, I actually felt a little better. Once I'd gotten over the fear of losing, and realized that I just had to do the best I could, and things would go the way they would go, I relaxed and did above and beyond anyone's expectations. Good luck, man, and don't stress.

It's all about perspective, and in the end, it's just a test.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • D-boyD-boy Member Posts: 595
    So Kenny did you pass?