Passed Linux + LX0-101

bsdbanditbsdbandit Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
I passed my Linux + part 1 of the exam :D i used a combination of centos 6, centos 5, and ubuntu server along with the comptia Linux + complete study guide which has been a huge help. im going to take part 2 next friday and earn Linux + , CLA, and LPCI -1 :)

Comments

• Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!! icon_cheers.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • humbleboyhumbleboy Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    How difficult would you say the exam was? How much Linux exp do you have? Any previous CompTIA exams to compare difficulty to?
  • NightShade03NightShade03 Member Posts: 1,383 ■■■■■■■□□□
  • N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
  • jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Awesome!!! Congratulations on the pass!!!
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • bigmantenorbigmantenor Member Posts: 233
    Congrats on the pass! Which text specifically did you use to study?
  • UnixGuyUnixGuy Mod Posts: 4,564 Mod
    Congrats icon_cheers.gif What's your experience with Linux ? how many years ?

Do you think it's a difficult exam ?
    Certs: GSTRT, GPEN, GCFA, CISM, CRISC, RHCE

Learn GRC! GRC Mastery : https://grcmastery.com 

• bsdbanditbsdbandit Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Ive been working with Linux since 2002, However i did take the time to go over the material that was on the exam b/c there were some commands that i have not used in a while so i was making sure that i had everything covered. I used the sybex Linux + complete book and then setup centos 5 centos 6 and ubuntu server vms
  • whatthehellwhatthehell Member Posts: 920
    Congratz on the pass! So it sounds like a complete noob to linux would definitely need more than the cert books to pass! lol
    2017 Goals:
    [ ] Security + [ ] 74-409 [ ] CEH
    Future Goals:
    TBD
  • lsud00dlsud00d Member Posts: 1,571
    bsdbandit wrote: »
    im going to take part 2 next friday and earn Linux + , CLA, and LPCI -1 :)

Money!

icon_cheers.gif
  • BulletzBulletz Member Posts: 159
    congrates mate, am new in Linux and i want to know which exam can i take for start....
    Show me the way to go 127.0.0.1
  • jasricjasric Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi I am wondering where to start with the Linux exams. I am a complete noob that doesn't have much experience of Linux just installing and messing about a bit with the Ubuntu Distro. Would I stand a chance with the sybex linux+ book. With passing the exam?

Congrats on the pass did you pass the second part?
  • MrRyteMrRyte Member Posts: 347 ■■■■□□□□□□
    icon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gif

CONGRATZ!!!!

(.....although I'm a little late to the party.....icon_redface.gif)
    NEXT UP: CompTIA Security+ :study:

Life is a matter of choice not chance. The path to your destiny will be paved by the decisions that you make every day.