Passed CCDA

blork_98blork_98 Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
Just got back from the pearson testing center.... hella relieved to pass the test, thought during the test that I was not gonna pass for sure..

Comments

• HisBoyElroyHisBoyElroy Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Wow. Impressive. Congratulations.
  • Ten9t6Ten9t6 Member Posts: 691
    congrats...that is a pretty good test. What will you be doing next? NP/DP ?

Kenny
    Kenny

A+, Network+, Linux+, Security+, MCSE+I, MCSE:Security, MCDBA, CCNP, CCDP, CCSP, CCVP, CCIE Written (R/S, Voice),INFOSEC, JNCIA (M and FWV), JNCIS (M and FWV), ENA, C|EH, ACA, ACS, ACE, CTP, CISSP, SSCP, MCIWD, CIWSA
  • blork_98blork_98 Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
    thanks tent96.. man ur certs r impressive, i wished I started doing certs while I was still in college

uhh.. yeah, Im thinking of starting the CCNP exams next... but Im startin a job next week, so i think it'll be a while before i can take the first CCNP
    exam..plus this job is not related to cisco stuff.. its more of RF Engineering, but I do hope to somehow get some experience with Cisco hardware cuz i really wanna try to get the ccnp.... should i start with the BSCI exam first?

btw.. any suggestion on study materials? Im thinking of buying cisco press stuff cuz i got this 40% off voucher for ciscopress.com.. thnx for the info
  • keenonkeenon Member Posts: 1,922 ■■■■□□□□□□
    i would say hold off.. right now cisco is in the begining process of updating all of the professional tracks, from the constant emails i get from them.. i would check their site and verify how long tests have to live and plan off that

http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/le3/learning_recent_article09186a00800d7f66.html
    Become the stainless steel sharp knife in a drawer full of rusty spoons
  • lordylordy Member Posts: 632 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations.

How did you prepare for the exam ? Any notes/comments on the exam itself ?
    Working on CCNP: [X] SWITCH --- [ ] ROUTE --- [ ] TSHOOT
    Goal for 2014: RHCA
    Goal for 2015: CCDP
    hey keenon.....

where does it say that the NP/DP/IP track was gonna be updated.. i didnt see any mention on the link u sent.. besides, they have just released new versions of the CCNP exam cert guides............ but thnx for the heads up..

well.. the only book i used was the CCDA self-study guide by Diane Teare and the trancender practice exam( which is not a good idea to buy)..go for boson instead

umm... regarding the exam.... there were several testlets w/ multiple q's... so know ur tech/org goals/comstraints... and know the details in the diane teare book..... i didnt and had to guess
  • johnnynodoughjohnnynodough Member Posts: 634
    umm... regarding the exam.... there were several testlets w/ multiple q's... so know ur tech/org goals/comstraints...

Uggghhh (loathing sigh), I decided to do this exam next instead of diving into CCNP, but man, all this stale orginizational stuff just blows icon_lol.gif

I am going through a CBT right now covering this topic and I can hardly keep my eyes open. I like technology, not organizational mumbo jumbo icon_rolleyes.gif

Congrats BTW.
    Go Hawks - 7 and 2

2 games againts San Fran coming up, oh yeah baby, why even play? just put then in the win category and call it good :p
    Get the Diane Teare book......... its all ur gonna need........ and most of the chapters are easy reads
  • johnnynodoughjohnnynodough Member Posts: 634
    Thats the book I have on the way, in the interim I am going through the CBT's. I have to complete them to get my vouchers payed for so, meh, i can tolerate them. There actually pretty good, there put togther by Cisco.
    Go Hawks - 7 and 2

2 games againts San Fran coming up, oh yeah baby, why even play? just put then in the win category and call it good :p
    u should also consider the flash cards, i found them really useful so that I would not need to go thru the teare book... it was also VERY helpful in the exam...
  • manojkumar_npmanojkumar_np Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Dear...

I attened CCDA exam three times but failed.I Prepared this book.
    CCDA Exam Certification Guide, Second Edition
    By A. Anthony Bruno - CCIE No. 2738, Jacqueline Kim.
    I searched those ( what are asked in exam) question in my book.But i am not able to find any things from that book.

Next weekend i am again going to atten CCDA.Its more changelling for me.

Pls give me a guidelines to pass CCDA.

Regards,
    MK
  • moss12moss12 Banned Posts: 220 ■■□□□□□□□□
    bjork congratulations on the pass :D

edit:man so cold in new zealand i am freazing icon_cry.gif
  • sbenjaminsbenjamin Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    If all you are studying is the book by Anthony Bruno, I would suggest getting another book. I took the CCDA and failed it miserably just using that book. The post earlier mentioned Transcender and how they sucked for this test, I have to agree. They test on a lot of different things than the actual exam. I would get the book mentioned in an earlier post of this thread or the thread above it. I dont have it handy to look at the author but I have since past the DA with a 925.