Know what to study but what about the unexpected

lotsilllotsill Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello,

For the new Net plus exam are their any odd ball OS related questions that I can expect such as UNIX and Mac questions

I have a degree in network admin and currently enrolled in Cisco network academy program for the CCNA.

Here are my strengths.
IP classes
Network devices and what level of the OSI model they operate at.
Ethernet frames
Network media types and cable lengths.
Protocols to port numbers

Are they going to have you create subnets?

Thanks

Comments

• mobri09mobri09 Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 723
    There possibley could be a few, but i would not worry about them too much. I remember you must know the unix host file and remember stuff like IFconfig for unix. I got nothing about macs but i did get a few apptalk questions. good luck
  • Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    Agreed. I wouldn't go in knowing nothing about Unix/Macs, but I don't think it's a heavy objective.
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • DSEDMDSEDM Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Ricka182 is right ... there are a few MAC/UNIX questions in there.

Whatever you do don't take this exam lightly ... it had me thinking I can tell you that icon_eek.gif
  • lotsilllotsill Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Just got out of the test and passed with a dismal 618, but hey.

More mac questions, that i had thought off.

The some questions about wireless that I had no idea. I would like to picture diagrams of troubleshooting problems on the exam.
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Congrats!

I guess too many people mentioned that CompTIA's vendor neutral Network+ exam is too much oriented towards Microsoft, but I can't say I endorse the focus on MACs either... ah well, they make the rules ;)