Options

Using ciscopress book to pass Network+

Mr.NoeMr.Noe Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
On the official CCNA book it said it also prepares you for the Network+ exam. Has anyone used the official cisco book for the network+ exam or did you use other material. I was just wondering because I don't want to buy another book if the cisco books has enough information in it.

Comments

• Options
    kortie1kortie1 Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I will urge you to use books from Sybex for you network+. They pretty good books. I use their book and I passed the exam the first time.
  • Options
    johnnynodoughjohnnynodough Member Posts: 634
    The CIsco Press books should be more than adequate for the Net+ exam. Idealy you should be able to pass the Net+ with flying colors after the CCNA, even just the CCNA Intro 640-821 test.
    Go Hawks - 7 and 2

2 games againts San Fran coming up, oh yeah baby, why even play? just put then in the win category and call it good :p
  • Options
    nick619nick619 Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I'm using a sybex book
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    The Cisco press books for the CCNA exam, or CCNA exams, or not adequate to use as your only preparation for the current Network+ exam. There are simply too many topics, some of wich are major on the Network+ exam, that are not covered at all in the CCNA exam/books. Examples are Mac OS/Appleshare IP, AFP, IPX/SPX, Netware client configuration, SCP, and a bunch of other exam objectives. So I recommend getting at least one product (book, CBT) that focusses on the Network+ topics the CompTIA way, which apart from technical topics, is important for the troubleshooting domain. (Or... use google to fill in the gaps ;). Nevertheless, for the huge amount of overlap between the two exams, the Cisco CCNA books will probably be amongst the best preparation tools for the Network+ exam.
  • Options
    johnnynodoughjohnnynodough Member Posts: 634
    ^

Good point, they nuked IPX from the CCNA, and dont cover MacOS/Appletalk amongst other things.
    Go Hawks - 7 and 2

2 games againts San Fran coming up, oh yeah baby, why even play? just put then in the win category and call it good :p
  • Options
    nick619nick619 Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Would anyone that has taken the Net+ say that the practice questions on here are similar to those on the test in regards to what you need to know.