Options

Passed JNCIA-JUNOS

Chris_Chris_ Member Posts: 326
Passed this exam today with 92%. It really wasn't that hard, but I suppose if you were having to learn the network fundamentals then it would be more challenging.

On reflection I think I probably over-prepared for this exam, but that's never a bad thing.

I used the fast track PDFs aswell as the Network Fundamentals and 'Junos as a 2nd Language CBTs - all from the Juniper website. Juniper really need credit for this; pretty much everything you need to pass this exam is available for free from them!

I also built an olive and ran a few labs in GNS3 to get the feel for the JUNOS CLI - I just took some of the CCNP Route labs I'd worked on and tried to translate them as much as possible - worked out well for me.

The only area I lost marks on was QOS, haven't really done a lot of it in any of my jobs or studies and I think the notes provided are a bit too concise to get a grasp as a beginner- I'm sure if you had good QOS experience from another vendor, it would be no problem - I'm doing the CCIP next, so once I've done the QOS exam for that I'll probably revisit the JUNOS QOS note for completeness.

All in all, not a bad exam - it was good to get a feel for another vendor. My involvement with Juniper at work is minimal at the moment but if it increases I think I'll have the confidence to step up to it.
Going all out for Voice. Don't worry Data; I'll never forget you
:study: CVoice [X] CIPT 1 [ ] CIPT 2 [ ] CAPPS [ ] TVOICE [ ]

Comments

• Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Congrats! Pretty much my exact thoughts on the exam and preparation also.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Awesome. Any plans to go higher in Juniper?
  • Options
    Chris_Chris_ Member Posts: 326
    Awesome. Any plans to go higher in Juniper?

Not at the moment - Work wanted people to get this cert - so I did. I wouldn't try to go any higher unless I was working with Juniper kit more often. Even a lot of the stuff I've learnt with the JNCIA will probably leak from my brain quite rapidly - I just don't get enough exposure.
    Going all out for Voice. Don't worry Data; I'll never forget you
    :study: CVoice [X] CIPT 1 [ ] CIPT 2 [ ] CAPPS [ ] TVOICE [ ]
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_cheers.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    AldurAldur Member Posts: 1,460
    Congrats man! icon_thumright.gif
    "Bribe is such an ugly word. I prefer extortion. The X makes it sound cool."

-Bender
  • Options
    GOZCUGOZCU Member Posts: 234
    Chris_ wrote: »
    Passed this exam today with 92%. It really wasn't that hard, but I suppose if you were having to learn the network fundamentals then it would be more challenging.

On reflection I think I probably over-prepared for this exam, but that's never a bad thing.

I used the fast track PDFs aswell as the Network Fundamentals and 'Junos as a 2nd Language CBTs - all from the Juniper website. Juniper really need credit for this; pretty much everything you need to pass this exam is available for free from them!

I also built an olive and ran a few labs in GNS3 to get the feel for the JUNOS CLI - I just took some of the CCNP Route labs I'd worked on and tried to translate them as much as possible - worked out well for me.

The only area I lost marks on was QOS, haven't really done a lot of it in any of my jobs or studies and I think the notes provided are a bit too concise to get a grasp as a beginner- I'm sure if you had good QOS experience from another vendor, it would be no problem - I'm doing the CCIP next, so once I've done the QOS exam for that I'll probably revisit the JUNOS QOS note for completeness.

All in all, not a bad exam - it was good to get a feel for another vendor. My involvement with Juniper at work is minimal at the moment but if it increases I think I'll have the confidence to step up to it.

First of all, congratulations ;)

I will also prepare for the same exam. my route is like CCNA -- JNCIA --- CCNP....
  • Options
    jovan88jovan88 Member Posts: 393
  • Options
    AhriakinAhriakin Member Posts: 1,799 ■■■■■■■■□□
    icon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gif
    We responded to the Year 2000 issue with "Y2K" solutions...isn't this the kind of thinking that got us into trouble in the first place?
  • Options
    nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    congrats man!
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • Options
    whatthehellwhatthehell Member Posts: 920
    Congratz on the pass!
    2017 Goals:
    [ ] Security + [ ] 74-409 [ ] CEH
    Future Goals:
    TBD
  • Options
    PsychoFinPsychoFin Member Posts: 280
    Congratulations! It's a nice intro to junos ;)
  • Options
    CCIEWANNABECCIEWANNABE Banned Posts: 465
    Congrats on the pass!