CCNA VOICE Phone keeps rining

gregorio323gregorio323 Member Posts: 201 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hey, guys i'm prepping for my exams and got flowroute on my cisco 2801.
Everytime i call from a external number and hang up the phone continues to ring how can i make that stop?

Comments

• pitviperpitviper Member Posts: 1,376 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I would start with: "debug ccsip messages"

Make sure you see the CANCEL request being both received, and sent. Should end with a message something like this "SIP/2.0 487 Request Cancelled"
    CCNP:Collaboration, CCNP:R&S, CCNA:S, CCNA:V, CCNA, CCENT
  • gregorio323gregorio323 Member Posts: 201 ■■■□□□□□□□
    pitviper wrote: »
    I would start with: "debug ccsip messages"

Make sure you see the CANCEL request being both received, and sent. Should end with a message something like this "SIP/2.0 487 Request Cancelled"

Thanks for the replay useful information. when i call for 5 secs and hang up phone continues to ring for a long time. So i went ahead and put a timeouts ringing <value> so it doesn't ring forever. but it still rings through out the timeouts even though i click 5 secs.

in the debug messages i got the
    180 Ringing
    when i hang up it received a cancel
    then it says
    500 Internal server error
    480 Temporarily Not available
  • pitviperpitviper Member Posts: 1,376 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Hmmm, Sounds like the phone/router is not acknowledging the cancel request.

Do you have a firewall inline? Keep an eye on the logs to make sure that it’s not dropping/filtering your SiP traffic.

Which IOS are you running?
    CCNP:Collaboration, CCNP:R&S, CCNA:S, CCNA:V, CCNA, CCENT
  • gregorio323gregorio323 Member Posts: 201 ■■■□□□□□□□
    No, actually i just recently set this up at home so i haven't had a chance to set up a firewall because i didn't want it to filter traffic and i was too lazy to troubleshoot a firewall. So it kept it simple and basic.

I'm not running no voice ios which can maybe be one of my problems. I'm currently running if i'm not mistaken since i'm not home it's c2801-adventerprisek9-mz.124-20.T3.bin