Options

Which Books/Study materials??

3000GT3000GT Member Posts: 212
Hey guys, im fresh from the XP forum and am cracking on with 70-290 now, just want some advice on whats the best books to get for this exam? I want one that will explain OU`s, containers, GP abit better as im still having a few probs getting my head round em! hence only scrapping by with 700 on 70-270 icon_sad.gif

so far i have MS press book/sybex and learnkey, should this be enought to pass? as what i did with the last exam i got way too many study aids and didnt managed to take all of them in icon_sad.gif

Comments

• Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    RobsonGTO wrote:
    so far i have MS press book/sybex and learnkey, should this be enought to pass?
    Together with a small home lab with 2 or more Windows 2003 servers that should be enough study material.
  • Options
    I have virtual PC, will that surfice? just i live in the small flat and dont have any room for more PC`s icon_sad.gif
  • Options
    RobsonGTO wrote:
    I have virtual PC, will that surfice?
    Yeah, that'll do just fine. Just make sure you got plenty of ram. icon_wink.gif
  • Options
    ive got about 768MB, should be ok? or more?
  • Options
    I have a 'lab' PC with 768MB running Windows XP as the host OS with 2 virtual Windows 2003 servers (1 DC, one Terminal/IIS server.). That allowed me to use the Windows XP host PC itself and my Windows XP laptop as clients. In short, yes 768MB will do. Things may be a bit slow from time to time (a lot of swapping) but for practice it will do. Another option to speed it up a bit is to use a separate harddisk for the virtual PCs.
  • Options
    Yeah i was thinking about that, thanks :D
  • Options
    woodwormwoodworm Member Posts: 153
    I was installing VMWare on my PC this weekend actually so I could set up a lab like you are - but it won't let you install it on a Domain Controller (I had already dual-booted my PC and installed Server2003 on it!).

If you do the same setup then you need to install VM Ware before running dcpromo (seems to be working fine once i had done it that way?)
  • Options
    sbabssbabs Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    If you are wanting to get ready and not waste a lot of time, belly up for the transcenders. I go for the barebones practice tests, but they are simply the best IMO.

Good luck.