Scheduled CCNP:Route for 8/17 @ 13:00 CT

MonkerzMonkerz Member Posts: 842
I don't feel ready, but I have been studying off and on since January and feel that if I do not force myself to sit for it, I will just keep putting it off.

I think my weak spots are BGP attributes and some IPv6 stuff. I just need to buckle down now and knock this one out of the ballpark. {FingersCrossed}

Comments

• networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Good luck!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • BrizoHBrizoH Member Posts: 73 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good luck - I usually need to book the exam to really knuckle down in my studies
  • Chris_Chris_ Member Posts: 326
    Good luck,

I know you've been studying this for a while and you can see from your comments in these forums that you know your stuff. I never really feel ready for an exam - just get to the point where I can't study it anymore!

My weakest areas were IPv6 and BGP too, I think they are both topics that need to be studied at a deeper level than the ROUTE exam requires, in order to get a real understanding of them.

And you've still got a few weeks to brush up - all the best.
    Going all out for Voice. Don't worry Data; I'll never forget you
    :study: CVoice [X] CIPT 1 [ ] CIPT 2 [ ] CAPPS [ ] TVOICE [ ]
  • MonkerzMonkerz Member Posts: 842
    I appreciate the words of encouragement, gents!
    Nerves are starting to set in. I should be used to this by now, but it appears I am not. I am having a hard time sleeping due to the let down of failing in my dream.

Actually had to take one of my fiancee's *****'s last night to settle down enough to fall asleep.

Wish I could just move up the date tomorrow and sit for the exam, but my boss has approved Wednesday and will not budge.
    I'm sure you'll be fine, you've put plenty of time in for this. I know what you mean though, I really wanted to pull TSHOOt forward because I knew I was ready, but couldn't get a slot - it's really frustrating.

Good luck again
  • rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
    You can do this bro.

Going into exams I like to bring on this infamous quote from Friday Night Lights:

Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose.

You know your enemy and it's time for battle. Regardless of outcome, you are one step closer to greatness due to the experience. It's gametime; lets bring back a victory! icon_cheers.gif
  • CoolhandlukeCoolhandluke Member Posts: 118
    I'm in a similar position to you but doing SWITCH and almost feel ready to take it. I can't offer any reassurance because I have not gone over the material yet but will say ..... GOOD LUCK !
    [CCENT]->[CCNA]->[CCNP-ROUTE]->COLOR=#0000ff]CCNP SWITCH[/COLOR->[CCNP-TSHOOT]
  • Panzer919Panzer919 Member Posts: 462
    Monkerz wrote: »
    I don't feel ready, but I have been studying off and on since January and feel that if I do not force myself to sit for it, I will just keep putting it off.

I think my weak spots are BGP attributes and some IPv6 stuff. I just need to buckle down now and knock this one out of the ballpark. {FingersCrossed}

If you remember my post from last week I was in the same position. If you don't bite the bullet and schedule it, it will never get done. I know it's easier said than done but try to not let your nerves get the better of you. I felt like losing my breakfast even after I passed just because I made myself too nervous.

If BGP and IPv6 are your worse subjects, go back over the spots you think you lack in. Find some online practice tests, like these and see how you do.

Remember, the right answer is not as important as the wrong. I know people who will look at a question and say well the answer is A, I ask why is it not B,C or D, and they usually say because A is right.
    Cisco Brat Blog

I think “very senior” gets stuck in there because the last six yahoos that applied for the position couldn’t tell a packet from a Snickers bar.

Luck is where opportunity and proper planning meet

I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.
    Thomas A. Edison
  • paagepaage Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Best of luck tomorrow and you can do no more than your very best. I hope I can get as far as planning it somewhere next week.
    I'm just chill-axing today. I figure if I do not know it already, I will not cram it in within 24 hours.
  • JaCkNiFeJaCkNiFe Member Posts: 96 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Good luck Sir! Pass or Fail you will have a wealth of knowledge to be proud of!
    Lab on!
  • MrBrianMrBrian Member Posts: 520
    Good luck for tomorrow!! Not that you need luck, you didn't acquire the skills you have based on luck icon_wink.gif.

Don't worry if you fail (but with the cost of the exam, easier said than done) because you already know so much, and probably don't have much further to go! At least you'll be able to more clearly see your weak spots and then you can hit those spots for the next time. And also look at it this way, if you don't pass, you'll have to study even more, which will only make you a better technician/engineer. And I think that's what we're all striving for.
    Currently reading: Internet Routing Architectures by Halabi
  • mattlee09mattlee09 Member Posts: 205
    MrBrian wrote: »
    Good luck for tomorrow!! Not that you need luck, you didn't acquire the skills you have based on luck icon_wink.gif.

Don't worry if you fail (but with the cost of the exam, easier said than done) because you already know so much, and probably don't have much further to go! At least you'll be able to more clearly see your weak spots and then you can hit those spots for the next time. And also look at it this way, if you don't pass, you'll have to study even more, which will only make you a better technician/engineer. And I think that's what we're all striving for.

+1 agreed.

Good luck, but you'll do great (either way)!
  • andy4techandy4tech Member Posts: 138
    Go get it man,don't allow any negative feelings to affect you.
    You got this, just keep your eye on the prize!
    Cisco Brat Blog

I think “very senior” gets stuck in there because the last six yahoos that applied for the position couldn’t tell a packet from a Snickers bar.

Thomas A. Edison
    Thanks gents. Will let you know how it goes.
  • vinbuckvinbuck Member Posts: 785 ■■■■□□□□□□
    best of luck to you man...you'll rock it out I'm sure. I can totally empathize...I've also been studying since January and am trying to make the final push to test in Sept. The tough part is remembering all the stuff you learned back in January :)
    Cisco was my first networking love, but my "other" router is a Mikrotik...
  • VAHokie56VAHokie56 Member Posts: 783
    good luck monkicon_thumright.gif you got this
    .ιlι..ιlι.
    CISCO
    "A flute without holes, is not a flute. A donut without a hole, is a Danish" - Ty Webb
    Reading:NX-OS and Cisco Nexus Switching: Next-Generation Data Center Architectures
    Passed with a 918. Was able to take exam an hour early.

Will elaborate when I get home.

Bar, here I come!
  • SharkDiverSharkDiver Member Posts: 844
    Great job and a great score. Congrats.

What's next?
  • nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    congrats mate!
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Congrats!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
    Looks like I was redirected back to work, bar will have to wait. Stupid Verizon strike is wreaking havoc on our northeastern data circuits.

Thanks guys. I plan to study the crap out of SWITCH next, but will take a 2 week breather from studying. I am hoping to get SWITCH under my belt by January.
    Monkerz wrote: »
    Passed with a 918. Was able to take exam an hour early.

Will elaborate when I get home.

Bar, here I come!

No fair, your not allowed to beat my score icon_wink.gif

Congratz, IDK about you but passing it took a lot of weight off my shoulder.
    Cisco Brat Blog

Thomas A. Edison
  • Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Awesome dude!!!
  • BrizoHBrizoH Member Posts: 73 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats! Enjoy a well earned beer or two
    I am very relieved!

I was stressed all the way to the end of the exam. My last question was a lab and though I am positive I got it correct, the show commands would not verify that it was working. By my score, I can only assume I got it correct.

Hope this doesn't violate NDA. If so, please remove.
    Congratulations - all that worry for nothing icon_wink.gif

Enjoy your switch studies, I assume that's next....
    Yes, switch is next.

Anyone have reviews for the FLG and OCG? I usually go with OCG, but for route I heard FLG was an easier read and was impressed.