Passed today!

themagiconethemagicone Member Posts: 674
I passed CCNA Security this morning. 977. I'd mostly say the test is a joke when compared to CCNA. Wasn't hard at all, a lot of questions only had 1 answer that was right, the sim was super easy.

So CCNA and CCNA Security in 3 months, not bad. Now onto finish my BSIT then probably CCNA Wireless/Voice followed by CCNP.
Courses Completed at WGU: JIT2, LYT2, TFT2, SJT2, BFC2, TGT2, FXT2
Courses Required For Me To Graduate WGU in MS: IT Network Managment: MCT2, LZT2, MBT1, MDT2, MNT2
CU Done this term: 16 Total CU Done: 19
Currently working on: Nothing Graduation Goal: 5/2013

Comments

• Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
    Congrats!

One day I'll get to this exam... What books/prep materials did you use?
  • alan2308alan2308 Member Posts: 1,854 ■■■■■■■■□□
  • maddemmaddem Member Posts: 117 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • bigmantenorbigmantenor Member Posts: 233
    Nice job on the pass, what did you use for study materials?
  • nethackernethacker Member Posts: 184 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I passed CCNA Security this morning. 977. I'd mostly say the test is a joke when compared to CCNA. Wasn't hard at all, a lot of questions only had 1 answer that was right, the sim was super easy.

So CCNA and CCNA Security in 3 months, not bad. Now onto finish my BSIT then probably CCNA Wireless/Voice followed by CCNP.

How was the lab sim/test/simlet.. how is the simulation compared to CCNA
    JNCIE | CCIE | GCED
  • andy4techandy4tech Member Posts: 138
    congrats man,good job
  • spicy ahispicy ahi Member Posts: 413 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! Hope to join the CCNA: Security brotherhood (as well as renew my CCNA) within a couple of months.
    Spicy :cool: Mentor the future! Be a CyberPatriot!
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!! icon_cheers.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • themagiconethemagicone Member Posts: 674
    I only had one sim question. As for the questions about SDM... let's say labbing isn't required if you watch the CBT Nuggets.
    Courses Completed at WGU: JIT2, LYT2, TFT2, SJT2, BFC2, TGT2, FXT2
    Courses Required For Me To Graduate WGU in MS: IT Network Managment: MCT2, LZT2, MBT1, MDT2, MNT2
    CU Done this term: 16 Total CU Done: 19
    Currently working on: Nothing Graduation Goal: 5/2013
  • nethackernethacker Member Posts: 184 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I only had one sim question. As for the questions about SDM... let's say labbing isn't required if you watch the CBT Nuggets.
    do u hv d CBT?
    JNCIE | CCIE | GCED
  • whatthehellwhatthehell Member Posts: 920
    Congratz!! icon_cheers.gificon_thumright.gif
    2017 Goals:
    [ ] Security + [ ] 74-409 [ ] CEH
    Future Goals:
    TBD
  • kast1kast1 Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats!

In 3 months! Whats type of method you use to prepare or study for your exam.
  • mamonomamono Member Posts: 776 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Miikey87Miikey87 Member Posts: 65 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I'm looking forward to knocking this on'e out of the park shortly to renew my CCNA. I am finding the CCNA Security Cisco Press book painfully large to get through though.
    :study: - Never stop learning

Completed
    Microsoft: 70-640,70-642, 70-646, 70-652, 70-653, 70-662, 70 - 681, 71-169
    Cisco: CCENT, CCNA
    Citrix - CCA XenApp 6
  • down77down77 Member Posts: 1,009
    Great job!
    CCIE Sec: Starting Nov 11
  • ITdudeITdude Member Posts: 1,181 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good Going!icon_cheers.gif
    I usually hang out on 224.0.0.10 (FF02::A) and 224.0.0.5 (FF02::5) when I'm in a non-proprietary mood.

Miikey87 wrote: »
    I'm looking forward to knocking this on'e out of the park shortly to renew my CCNA. I am finding the CCNA Security Cisco Press book painfully large to get through though.

Yeah, I bought and read through the one by Watkins and Wallace. They jumped all over the place in that one. I heard the one by Catherine Paquet was much better. I have to renew my CCNA next year and plan on taking this myself. Good luck on your studies and test.
    Certs in Progress:

CCNP:Routing 300-101 15%
    OIIIIIIIO