Options

Broken sims AGAIN... but PASSED anyways!

mikey_bmikey_b Member Posts: 188
Got it down pat this time! MS Press and some hand-on time was all I needed. I don't feel bad in the least about the broken sims, I still have a voucher from last time that I got for free, so I'll get a free ride through 70-291! MCSA here I come, baby!
Mikey B.

Current: A+, N+, CST, CNST, MCSA 2003
WIP: MCSE 2003

Comments

• Options
    3000GT3000GT Member Posts: 212
    Congratulations dude!!! how you find it compared to 70-270? ive just passed that and am doing 70-290 now :)
  • Options
    270 was a lot easier for me than 290, 270 covered the basic topics. 290 is everything, but more in depth. I don't think you'll have much problem with 270.
    Mikey B.

• Options
    3000GT3000GT Member Posts: 212
    I don't think you'll have much problem with 270

lol ive passed it, but im thinking i should of done 290 first as i didnt really understand OU`s ect the server side of things. I only just got by as i havnt been able to experiment on a server ect icon_sad.gif
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Congrats mikey!

The problem with the sims, was that something to blame on the test center? How about trying a different for the 291?
  • Options
    DaPunnisherDaPunnisher Member Posts: 108
    Congratulations on your pass!
  • Options
    ludzerludzer Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    how do you get the free exam? I usually book my exams through the test centre where I presume they book it with prometric, seeing as I failed 290 the last week I wouldn't mind a free exam if I pass next time etc.
  • Options
    jescabjescab Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,321
    CONGRATZ dude.........
    GO STEELERS GO - STEELERS RULE
  • Options
    ludzerludzer Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    What way do the sims work? are points deducted if you click on the wrong option or tab?
  • Options
    I don't know if it's a testing center issue, the simulation window opened and the question appeared in it's own window, but the "work area" was white. I understand it should show the Server desktop. Never happened.

The first time I wrote it, the test administrator got me a voucher for a free MS exam. I also had the Second Shot promo, so I used it this time. Passed with no issues, even though the sims didn't work again.

So I still have a voucher for my free MS exam, and one more to go for MCSA, so I'm looking good!

I will definately be going back to my usual center for 291, it's nicer and mroe quiet, better hardware, private enclosed room. Very nice. It was closed until November for renovations though. Plan on a mid-November test date and maybe pick up Security+ by year-end.
    Mikey B.