Scheduled CCNP:Route for 8/17 @ 13:00 CT

2»

Comments

• Panzer919Panzer919 Member Posts: 462
    Monkerz wrote: »
    Yes, switch is next.

Anyone have reviews for the FLG and OCG? I usually go with OCG, but for route I heard FLG was an easier read and was impressed.

I've heard the OCG is junk for SWITCH. FLG all the way
    Cisco Brat Blog

I think “very senior” gets stuck in there because the last six yahoos that applied for the position couldn’t tell a packet from a Snickers bar.

Luck is where opportunity and proper planning meet

I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.
    Thomas A. Edison
  • MonkerzMonkerz Member Posts: 842
    Sweet! Thanks.
  • lrblrb Member Posts: 526
    Congrats dude! The FLG and the CBT Nuggets were awesome for SWITCH by the way :)
  • down77down77 Member Posts: 1,009
    He shoots... HE SCORES! Congrats on the pass and remember, the bar is open after work icon_wink.gif. Enjoy the celebration
    CCIE Sec: Starting Nov 11
  • MrBrianMrBrian Member Posts: 520
    Congrats Monkerz! All your hard work paid off, nice score
    Currently reading: Internet Routing Architectures by Halabi
  • andy4techandy4tech Member Posts: 138
    Congrats man,i told you you will get it,once again congrats.......................
  • vinbuckvinbuck Member Posts: 785 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Outstanding man...worthy achievement. You're 1/3rd CCNP! How did your preparation compare to what you faced on the exam?
    Cisco was my first networking love, but my "other" router is a Mikrotik...
  • MonkerzMonkerz Member Posts: 842
    Used FLG, Route Lab Manual, CBT Nuggets, Quick Reference Guide and TechExams.net.

These materials covered 98% of the exam. There were a few questions that were off the wall and not included in the materials I had studied so I ended up guessing, those are probably the ones I ended up getting wrong.

I think the 7 months of off and on studying helped the material sink in. :)
  • pham0329pham0329 Member Posts: 556
    Congrats on the pass.

I used CBT Nuggets, INE, and the FLG for SWITCH and I thought the materials did a good job of covering the exam (and more). I read half of the OCG but thought it was too brief on certain topics (I don't even think it covered Private VLANs). If I had used the OGC instead of the FLG, I probably would have had a hard time passing the exam.