Laptop to run CUCM

tha_dubtha_dub Member Posts: 262
Good morning,

I've tried with no success to get cucm and cucm SB running on one of the two amd desktop PC's using VMWARE workstation and gotten nowhere. It always freezes before finishing the install.

That being said I think it's time to buy a personal laptop. I have a company owned one but obviously I can't do whatever I want with it ;) Has anybody gotten it to run on a laptop and if so what was the hardware config brand etc? It doesn't need to be fast it just has to work.

Thanks!

Comments

• tha_dubtha_dub Member Posts: 262
    Should any new Intel laptop work?

I'm thinking 6 gig ram and at least 750 on the HD. Also a dual or quad core. Are there any known issues with vmware/cucm and multiple core cpu's?
  • azaghulazaghul Member Posts: 569 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I've got CUCM v8.0.2 running successfully on a Dell D830, Intel Core2 Duo with 4GB ram & 640HDD, Windows 7, VMware Workstation 7.1.2. Not the most modern, but it surprisingly does the job fairly well, performance is very reasonable.

That being said it did fail the first install (cant recall where), but was fine second time around.
  • tha_dubtha_dub Member Posts: 262
    Cool thanks for the info. My company uses Dell for our laptops and I am thinking I might be able to snag one of these on the way out. Then I can just buy whatever I want for my own...

:)

Otherwise I'm definitely sticking with intel for the proc and maybe intel for the chipset as well.