How is it that....

94jedi94jedi Member Posts: 177
...my two co-workers passed 291 on their first attempt? Neither of the two studied much more than maybe 8 hours per week for 3 weeks. Neither guy is really "smarter" or "better than me". In fact, neither one bought any books!!! One guy even took 3 shots at passing 290!!!

Has the beast gotten soft in it's old age or did they simply have effective methods of studying? Both have plenty of real world experience and they do come from a WAN Admin background rather than a Server admin background like I do.

I guess I'm sort of getting nervous...I had planned to take 290 before the end of July but that date is fast approaching and I haven't put in as much effort studying as I should have. Uggh....
HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!!!

Comments

• brunoblissbrunobliss Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    hmmm 70-290 was the worst for me as well, mainly because of the group and permissions part, in the real world these are not difficult, but the way microsoft uses it to test students is terribly confusing.

70-290 worst
    70-291 most exhausting

passed both fortunately after nearly one year of icon_study.gif. Totally worth it!
  • knownheroknownhero Member Posts: 450
    You could go down the brain **** route. I accused my mate of that only because he is super smart and I am jealous of his 1st try pass, argh! :P

But to be honest he is the type of guy that can just read the book and it sinks in. I on the other hand have to read the book twice, watch videos, lab and then ask more questions to figure out what the hell I am doing.

Some people are just gifted I guess icon_sad.gif
    70-410 [x] 70-411 [x] 70-462[x] 70-331[x] 70-332[x]
    MCSE - SharePoint 2013 :thumbup:

Road map 2017: JavaScript and modern web development

• someehsomeeh Member Posts: 143
    knownhero wrote: »
    You could go down the brain **** route. I accused my mate of that only because he is super smart and I am jealous of his 1st try pass, argh! :P

But to be honest he is the type of guy that can just read the book and it sinks in. I on the other hand have to read the book twice, watch videos, lab and then ask more questions to figure out what the hell I am doing.

Agree!! it takes me a few times reading material for it to sink in. It's only natural.
  • 94jedi94jedi Member Posts: 177
    knownhero wrote: »

That's me to a "Tee": read it 3 times, video, lab, etc. Once I get it, the knowledge is there for good but damn if it doesn't take forever to sink in!

These guys are good...but I doubt they went the brain **** route. It's just too risky and unreliable, not to mention, pretty damn shady hahaha.
    HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!!!
  • xenodamusxenodamus Member Posts: 758
    Could be brain ****. Although the first thing I thought about is the fact that real world network experience puts you miles ahead on the 291. I had my CCNA before I attempted the 291 and without that knowledge it would have been a much harder journey.
    CISSP | CCNA:R&S/Security | MCSA 2003 | A+ S+ | VCP6-DTM | CCA-V CCP-V
  • DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    There is always some chance, maybe they just got questions that they had happened to have studied. Maybe xenodamus is right, maybe the 24 hours they studied was memorizing questions, or maybe they just have more experience with this kind of stuff.
    Decide what to be and go be it.