CEH Certified Ethical Hacker All-in-One Exam Guide

chrisonechrisone Member Posts: 2,278 ■■■■■■■■■□
New material out in Sept, non ec-council and non $500 asking price lol This book covers the new v7 material.

Amazon.com: CEH Certified Ethical Hacker All-in-One Exam Guide (9780071772297): Matt Walker: Books
51YEOnX1QaL._SS500_.jpg
Product Description
A comprehensive guide to the CEH exam

CEH Certified Ethical Hacker All-in-One Exam Guide offers complete coverage of the CEH certification which certifies individuals in the specific network security discipline of ethical hacking from a vendor-neutral perspective. The book covers all objectives for the new CEH exam, and provides an integrated study system based on proven pedagogy. Special elements reinforce and teach practical skills, including: step-by-step exercises, exam watch and on-the-job call-outs, and chapter self tests, which include knowledge- and scenario-based questions and one case study-based lab question per chapter. The book and CD combined contain more than 400 practice exam questions. Special coverage of DOD 8570 requirements and US-CERT's EBK and Certified Computer Security Incident Handler (CSIH) standards are included.

CEH Certified Ethical Hacker All-in-One Exam Guide

Offers in-depth coverage of all official objectives for the CEH exam
Includes CD-ROM with two practice exams, lab simulations, video training from the authors, and an e-book
Co-written by security experts and experience trainers
Serves as a valuable on-the-job reference after certification

Hardcover: 712 pages
Publisher: McGraw-Hill Osborne Media; 1 edition (September 30, 2011)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 0071772294
ISBN-13: 978-0071772297
Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
2023 Cert Goals: SC-100, eCPTX

Comments

• bala0509bala0509 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    OMG! I used the AIO by Shon Harris! if this is that good then its definitely the one to get. I dont know anything (yet) about this author.
  • colemiccolemic Member Posts: 1,569 ■■■■■■■□□□
    bala0509 wrote: »
    OMG! I used the AIO by Shon Harris! if this is that good then its definitely the one to get. I dont know anything (yet) about this author.

*Claps enthusiastically*

Hopefully it is as good as Shon Harris, the CISA AIO didn't seem to tbe near the quality or thoroughness.
    Working on: staying alive and staying employed
  • whatthehellwhatthehell Member Posts: 920
    Thanks for posting! Anyone else have an opinion on this? Read through this one yet?
    2017 Goals:
    [ ] Security + [ ] 74-409 [ ] CEH
    Future Goals:
    TBD
    Thanks for posting! Anyone else have an opinion on this? Read through this one yet?

Not released until September...icon_lol.gif
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    colemic wrote: »
    Not released until September...icon_lol.gif
    True, but there are advance copies released for reviewers. I'll see if I can get a copy to review on my blog.
  • coty24coty24 Member Posts: 263 ■□□□□□□□□□
    That would be awesome because i'm about to start this journey to the CEH
    Passed LOT2 :)Working on FMV2(CHFI v8 ) Done!
    JDMurray wrote: »
    True, but there are advance copies released for reviewers. I'll see if I can get a copy to review on my blog.

Bah. Didn't think about that. :)
  • natvnatv Member Posts: 43 ■■□□□□□□□□
    That does look like a good book, plus it covers CEH v7.

Btw $500 is the cost of the CEH v7 exam (it was $250 for CEH v6 which phases out Sept 30 I believe)
    Currently Working on: HHT1
    Courses
    Transferred/
    Completed at WGU:
    AGC1, BBC1, LAE1, LUT1, QLT1, IWC1, IWT1, BVC1, BNC1, DHV1, CSV1, DFV1, WFV1, BOV1, AXV1, CPV1, GAC1
    Courses Left to complete: B.S. IT,Security.
    QBT1, HHT1, INC1, INT1, CLC1, RIT1, DJV1, KET1, KFT1, TPV1, CTV1, CVV1, CJV1, CUV1, COV1, CQV1, CNV1, SBT1, MGC1, RGT1

• roninkaironinkai Member Posts: 307 ■■■■□□□□□□
    This thread is quite old, but I was wondering if anyone has updated book recommendations for v8. I'm just starting down my CEH online hacker study path, and haven't fully decided on a reference book. Up for consideration for me are CEH: Certified Ethical Hacker Version 8 Study Guide (Sybex) and CEH Certified Ethical Hacker Bundle, Second Edition (All-in-One by Matt Walker). Anyone used either of these than can comment. I have a decent security background, coming from more of a defensive point, but to learn the CEH materials...I'm looking to not waste time on a book that may just be "ok".
    浪人 MSISA:WGU
    ICP-FDO ▪ CISSP ▪ ECES ▪ CHFI ▪ CNDA ▪ CEH ▪ MCSA/MCITP ▪ MCTS ▪ S+
    2020 Level Up Goals: (1) DevSecOps Learning Path (2) OSCP