What should I expect in the 701-702 test.

chrisbarbosachrisbarbosa Registered Users Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
I just completed my CompTIA A+ class and I'm now studying for the test. I would like to know what section or sections of A+ should I focus on studying more so I can pass the 701-702 test. There was a lot of information given in that class and I know I'm not going to be tested on everything that was in the book. I want to know what I should study so I don't waste my time on a subject that will not be asked on the test. Thanks.

Comments

• VMIVMI Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I just completed my CompTIA A+ class and I'm now studying for the test. I would like to know what section or sections of A+ should I focus on studying more so I can pass the 701-702 test. There was a lot of information given in that class and I know I'm not going to be tested on everything that was in the book. I want to know what I should study so I don't waste my time on a subject that will not be asked on the test. Thanks.

I'm new to this site...It would be intertesting to see what you find as I am interested in the same info...
  • Concerned WaterConcerned Water Member Posts: 338 ■■■■□□□□□□
    One of the best ways to study for the CompTIA A+ is to use the official exam objectives.

Download here:
    Exam Objectives

After you download it, you should read them carefully. The best way to know when your ready is when you read the list and understand all of the material from your head. Don't skip any of this because CompTIA can ask about any of those. This stuff has to be like second nature to you.

I recommend you build a computer, if you haven't already. This is one of the best ways to let the material stick your brain.

Make sure you memorize some basic port numbers, for example SMTP port 25 and POP3 port 110. The reason is that they expect you to be able to configure an email client. They asked about port numbers a few times when I took it. Make sure you remember specific Ram speeds on different DDR speeds as well. Make sure you can configure a basic network and got the basics down of WiFi and Ethernet cables standards.

Here's some free videos for the CompTIA A+:
    http://www.professormesser.com/free-a-plus-training/220-701/professor-messers-free-220-70x-comptia-a-training-course/

Study hard and you should be able to past.icon_study.gif
    :study:Reading: CCNP Route FLG, Routing TCP/IP Vol. 1
    SWITCH [x] ROUTE [ ] TSHOOT [ ] VCP6-NV [ ]
  • zaxbysaucezaxbysauce Member Posts: 94 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Make sure you bone up on Vista and 7, as they hit those hard when I took it. Also make sure you understand laser printers in and out as that was a large portion of my test.
    Transferred
    LAE1 LUT1 LAT1 AXV1 TTV1 INC1 SSC1 SST1 GAC1 HHT1 TSV1 IWC1 IWT1 ABV1 BAC1 BBC1 TNV1
    Finished
    EWB2
    WFV1 CLC1MGC1
  • ubermichubermich Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Are you guys suggesting these specifically for 702 or for the A+ in general? I took the 701 today (788/900 :D ) and will be taking the 702 tomorrow. I had laser printer and port questions on my 701, though I guess they could have been extras?