Options

Need help at Domain Crypto

busoh.sensenbusoh.sensen Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
dear all,

I'll probably take the exam later this year in Jakarta. all domains of the CISSP, which is rather difficult to be studied are the domain crypto. whether there are other sources of literature that is easily understood except from Shon Harris book that AIO 5?

Comments

• Options
    instant000instant000 Member Posts: 1,745
    dear all,

I'll probably take the exam later this year in Jakarta. all domains of the CISSP, which is rather difficult to be studied are the domain crypto. whether there are other sources of literature that is easily understood except from Shon Harris book that AIO 5?

Try these two links: (the second one looks really promising). They were the first two results when googling for "cryptography"

Cryptography - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

An Overview of Cryptography

Currently Working: CCIE R&S
    LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/lewislampkin (Please connect: Just say you're from TechExams.Net!)
  • Options
    busoh.sensenbusoh.sensen Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    instant000 wrote: »
    Try these two links: (the second one looks really promising). They were the first two results when googling for "cryptography"

Cryptography - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

An Overview of Cryptography

tx in advance instant000, cuz i have not experience in this domain. hope this readable can help me for exam icon_biggrin.gif
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,028 Admin
    Yes, there is lots of crypto info on the Web. The danger is that you will dig too deeply into the technical aspects of crypto that are not covered on the domain (this is what I did). Concentrate on how the crypto is used and what operations are used to make it work, but not necessarily the details of how it works. If you find yourself getting beyond basic bitwise math and arithmetic, you have drilled too far down.
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    JDMurray wrote: »
    Yes, there is lots of crypto info on the Web. The danger is that you will dig too deeply into the technical aspects of crypto that are not covered on the domain (this is what I did). Concentrate on how the crypto is used and what operations are used to make it work, but not necessarily the details of how it works. If you find yourself getting beyond basic bitwise math and arithmetic, you have drilled too far down.

As usual great advice from JD. His advice really applies to most if not all of the domains. There's so much stuff out there that goes down to the most obscure detail that is is extremely easy to lose yourself into a sea of highly technical aspects that are outside of the scope of the test.
  • Options
    TunYauTunYau Member Posts: 58 ■■□□□□□□□□
    But most of us only realize the mistake that we drill too deep after the exam.
    but it make us a better CISSP....