Testing - L2VPN

chongch01chongch01 Member Posts: 41 ■■□□□□□□□□
Understand that L2VPN will not working in Olive.
Can I simulate it in a M-Series router with logical routers?

Thanks

Comments

• AldurAldur Member Posts: 1,460
    Yes, you can use M series with logical routers to simulate a large router topology with L2 vpns.
    "Bribe is such an ugly word. I prefer extortion. The X makes it sound cool."

-Bender
  • chongch01chongch01 Member Posts: 41 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Aldur wrote: »
    Yes, you can use M series with logical routers to simulate a large router topology with L2 vpns.

Hi Aldur,

To build a lab for JNCIE-SP, may I know how many equipment we need at the lowest cost?

Example :
    1 x MX5
    4 x J series
    1 x EX switch

Thanks
    Cheapest route - getting a rack of SRX100s, or renting some JunoSphere time.

If you look at the objects for the JNCIE-SP exam the branch SRX line can do everything that is needed.

-Bender
    Hi,

Any limitation for JNCIE-SP by using SRX? I might request company to build a lab for testing
    Thanks
    The branch SRX devices (srx100, srx210, srx240, etc.. ) can do everything that the JNCIE-SP exam objectives list. So you should be more than good to use SRX devices to practice for the JNCIE-SP exam. :)

-Bender
    Thanks Adur. SRX100B (512MB RAM) sufficient? Hopefully my company has the budget next year.
    Just got a Juniper project & hopefully a good start to learn Juniper SP technologies in-dept.
    Yip, an SRX100B would be sufficient to use in a practice JNCIE-SP topology. However, I'd recommend picking up it least a few SRX100H if you can. That way you'd be covered to do the JNCIE-SEC too.

-Bender
  • compcertcompcert Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    How about Route Reflector?
    I saw the SRX spec and saw RR is not supported on the affordable model