Finished notetaking on CCNA, how did you study 4 exam?

binaryhatbinaryhat Member Posts: 129
Hello,

I finished taking my notes from Lammle's CCNA book (6th ed.). Did all the labs and review questions in the book.

Now I must study. How did you nerds study? Did you create charts? Flash cards? Other methods?

From what I have read on here, the WAN stuff (agree on that) is the most difficult topic followed by NAT/ACL.

Thanks
Currently working on:
ICND1 - TBD
Book: CCENT/CCNA ICND1 100-101 Official Cert Guide
Equipment: Packet Tracer, GNS3
Supplement Material: Youtube, Google, Boson ExamSim-Max, CBTNuggets

Comments

• instant000instant000 Member Posts: 1,745
    Try my thread here. I also used the Lammle sixth edition. More than sufficient for me.

I did flash cards, GNS3, SDM, and more GNS3.

Please don't call me nerd.

My hot girlfriend told me that she liked me because I'm a nerd ... and all this time I thought I was hip and cool ... now I'm the same out-of-place guy with the hot woman that doesn't make sense that I shake my own head at!

http://www.techexams.net/forums/ccna-ccent/66510-my-journey-ccna-640-802-a.html
    Currently Working: CCIE R&S
    LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/lewislampkin (Please connect: Just say you're from TechExams.Net!)
  • YuuYuu Member Posts: 17 ■■■□□□□□□□
    lol @ instant, atleast you haz a hot gf icon_cheers.gif

@ OP do share some notes if you can (you don't have to give us all your notes icon_lol.gif).

I haven't started taking notes....should start now :)

GL for the exams icon_study.gif
  • instant000instant000 Member Posts: 1,745
    And, with regards to the difficult topics. They're only difficult until you understand them and practice them.

I'm sure the first time you looked at multiplication, you may have considered it hard, until you realized it was just adding.

Heck, fractions may have been hard at first, until you realized it was just counting pieces of a whole.

Heck, algebra may have been hard at first, until you realized it was just accounting for everything you knew, then just figuring out what was missing.

Geometry may have given you challenges, until you accepted the simplicity of its theorems.

Trigonometry may have given you some challenges at first, until you realized it was just a good combo of algebra and geometry.

Calculus may have given you challenges at first, until you realized that the answer to all problems was either negative infinity, positive infinity, or zero :D

I didn't go beyond that in math, so no real comments to share, hehe.

Have a nice day!
    Currently Working: CCIE R&S
    LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/lewislampkin (Please connect: Just say you're from TechExams.Net!)
  • SdotLowSdotLow Member Posts: 239
    instant000 wrote: »
    And, with regards to the difficult topics. They're only difficult until you understand them and practice them.

This quote wraps it up. You just have to wrap your head around a bit of it.

Usually watching CBT nuggets twice will give me a good understanding (I guess I learn well with visuals), and then I start pounding away at books and labs.

I've never taken a note for anything I've done. My gf thinks I'm crazy for not taking notes, I guess people learn things different ways. Writing things and being repetitious being one of them.
  • THA_DOCTHA_DOC Member Posts: 99 ■■■□□□□□□□
    instant000 wrote: »
    Try my thread here. I also used the Lammle sixth edition. More than sufficient for me.

I did flash cards, GNS3, SDM, and more GNS3.

Please don't call me nerd.

My hot girlfriend told me that she liked me because I'm a nerd ... and all this time I thought I was hip and cool ... now I'm the same out-of-place guy with the hot woman that doesn't make sense that I shake my own head at!

http://www.techexams.net/forums/ccna-ccent/66510-my-journey-ccna-640-802-a.html
    I am currently following same path, creating my own flash notes and preparing drive-in and to study. It's a rigous path; however I do think this will reforce knowledge and help learn better. When I get a good feel for the information then I'll schedule the exam, but then.
    An Open Mind, Working to Get IT!:cheers:

DOC