SSH and packet tracer

GOZCUGOZCU Member Posts: 234
Hello

I wonder if i am doing sth wrong or packet tracer doesn't have the SSH ability , crypto commands and so on....

Also i wonder if "command + ? " is enabled at exam or not. In reality it helps a lot....

Thanks..

Comments

• GeeGeez0rzGeeGeez0rz Member Posts: 14 ■■■□□□□□□□
    What version of PT are you using?

I went through the SSH commands yesterday, works fine except for the - "general-keys" command.

as for "command?" im not sure.

Cheers.
  • GOZCUGOZCU Member Posts: 234
    GeeGeez0rz wrote: »
    What version of PT are you using?

I went through the SSH commands yesterday, works fine except for the - "general-keys" command.

as for "command?" im not sure.

Cheers.

Version: 5.3.2.0027

so wierd... i looked a lot and yes, it wasn't not implemented at this version. no ssh, no crypto and so on.....

I do wonder if it is available at exam or skipped automatically, also "command + ? " .....
  • alan2308alan2308 Member Posts: 1,854 ■■■■■■■■□□
    SSH is implemented in the 3560 switch in Packet Tracer, but nothing else that I tried. That's one of the fun things about PT, some features are available in certain devices but not in others.

From everything that I've heard and read, you can use the ? in the exam, though I don't recall trying it myself when I took the exam.
  • SdotLowSdotLow Member Posts: 239
    alan2308 wrote: »
    SSH is implemented in the 3560 switch in Packet Tracer, but nothing else that I tried. That's one of the fun things about PT, some features are available in certain devices but not in others.

From everything that I've heard and read, you can use the ? in the exam, though I don't recall trying it myself when I took the exam.

I tried using it 2 weeks ago and it did not work. There's a thread in a different forum (I forget where) that talks about this. People have gotten free vouchers for failing their exams, and Cisco has stated they're working on fixing this problem.

Edit : It's actually in this forum. http://www.techexams.net/forums/ccna-ccent/69580-exams.html
  • CCIEWANNABECCIEWANNABE Banned Posts: 465
    GNS3 is your friend in this case, and for everything else that is not supported in packet tracer at Layers 3 and up :)

Good luck with your studies!
  • hiddenknight821hiddenknight821 Member Posts: 1,209 ■■■■■■□□□□
    GNS3 is your friend in this case, and for everything else that is not supported in packet tracer at Layers 3 and up :)

True, but you might want to change your statement to layer 2 and up since PT doesn't even support "show spanning-tree" command, which is important for someone trying to understand how STP works. icon_wink.gif
  • GeeGeez0rzGeeGeez0rz Member Posts: 14 ■■■□□□□□□□
    True, but you might want to change your statement to layer 2 and up since PT doesn't even support "show spanning-tree" command, which is important for someone trying to understand how STP works. icon_wink.gif

PT v5.3.2 supports the show spanning-tree command :)
  • CodeBloxCodeBlox Member Posts: 1,363 ■■■■□□□□□□
    The 2811's in PT support SSH 1.0 and 2.0
    Currently reading: Network Warrior, Unix Network Programming by Richard Stevens