Options

Is it easy to get a job in Houston, Texas?

Concerned WaterConcerned Water Member Posts: 338 ■■■■□□□□□□
Hello fellow techexams members.

I was reading another post and some guys said there were jobs in Houston. I was hoping some of you guys could fill me in on your experiences with the job market in Houston, Texas.

Where I live recruiters somehow got the majority of IT jobsallout.gif I think a lot companies around here don't really want to hire directly because of Florida's current economy. It's tough to get straight hire interviews too. We are the capital of foreclosureicon_eek.gif

Is the economy in Houston good? Are there many companies that hire directly?

Any info would be helpful:D
:study:Reading: CCNP Route FLG, Routing TCP/IP Vol. 1
SWITCH [x] ROUTE [ ] TSHOOT [ ] VCP6-NV [ ]

Comments

• Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    I think how easy it is depends on a lot of factors. Might be super easy for one person and impossible for another.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    W StewartW Stewart Member Posts: 794 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Hello fellow techexams members.

I was reading another post and some guys said there were jobs in Houston. I was hoping some of you guys could fill me in on your experiences with the job market in Houston, Texas.

Where I live recruiters somehow got the majority of IT jobsallout.gif I think a lot companies around here don't really want to hire directly because of Florida's current economy. It's tough to get straight hire interviews too. We are the capital of foreclosureicon_eek.gif

Is the economy in Houston good? Are there many companies that hire directly?

Any info would be helpful:D

What part of FL do you live in?
  • Options
    Concerned WaterConcerned Water Member Posts: 338 ■■■■□□□□□□
    W Stewart wrote: »
    What part of FL do you live in?

Jacksonville. I'm currently working, but I was thinking about moving later down the line.
    :study:Reading: CCNP Route FLG, Routing TCP/IP Vol. 1
    SWITCH [x] ROUTE [ ] TSHOOT [ ] VCP6-NV [ ]
  • Options
    shaqazoolushaqazoolu Member Posts: 259 ■■■■□□□□□□
    This thread is relevant to my interests. I too am considering making the move.
    :study: