Passed JNCIA-Junos

NightShade03NightShade03 Member Posts: 1,383 ■■■■■■■□□□
Passed this exam this morning. Was a nice change from the Cisco and Linux track I was recently on. I used the FastTrack program that Juniper is offering to get a 50% discount voucher and study materials for the exam. I have to say that the study materials that FastTrack provides will give you a good foundation if you have never worked with Juniper before, but aren't really enough to pass the exam. I think that the Routing Policies and Firewall Filters topics are really confusing if you have never worked with Juniper before and may take a few reads + additional materials in order to be able to understand correctly. All in all I thought that the exam was fair and with almost zero surprises.

Next up is the JNCIS-SEC exam. icon_cheers.gif

Comments

• AldurAldur Member Posts: 1,460
    congrats man! icon_thumright.gif
    "Bribe is such an ugly word. I prefer extortion. The X makes it sound cool."

-Bender
  • QHaloQHalo Member Posts: 1,488
    Did you use any hardware or Olives?

Congrats, btw.
  • NightShade03NightShade03 Member Posts: 1,383 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Thanks guys icon_smile.gif

No Olives...we have a ton of Juniper gear in our internal company lab so I had access to an SRX240. I'm planning a run to the top of the security track and trying to decide if it is worth trying to find a virtual rack to rent and use or if I should beg the boss to through some more Juniper hardware in the lab.
  • whatthehellwhatthehell Member Posts: 920
    Congratz on pass!
    Pardon my ignorance, but Juniper gear cheaper than Cisco gear generally?
    2017 Goals:
    [ ] Security + [ ] 74-409 [ ] CEH
    Future Goals:
    TBD
  • nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    congrats man!
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • AhriakinAhriakin Member Posts: 1,799 ■■■■■■■■□□
    icon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gif
    We responded to the Year 2000 issue with "Y2K" solutions...isn't this the kind of thinking that got us into trouble in the first place?
  • rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
  • asoftasoft Member Posts: 74 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! For theory portion, which study guide did you use? Have you used any practice exams, or juniper network simulators?
    asoft wrote: »
    Congrats! For theory portion, which study guide did you use? Have you used any practice exams, or juniper network simulators?

I used everything in the Juniper Fast Track program, including the study guides provided, SRX documentation, and practice exams provided. I also did some labs on real equipment as well.
  • asoftasoft Member Posts: 74 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I used everything in the Juniper Fast Track program, including the study guides provided, SRX documentation, and practice exams provided. I also did some labs on real equipment as well.

Can you please provide links to study material on Juniper Fast Track program? thanks.
  • andyh123andyh123 Member Posts: 39 ■■□□□□□□□□
    congratz! icon_cheers.gif

I'm going for this in a few weeks, just got the FastTrack docs which seem excellent, just need to fire up my olives & remind myself how JunOS & layer-3 works!
    JNCIS-ENT - :study: