rewarding yourself

martell1000martell1000 Member Posts: 389
for a passed exam

passed ccna last week and now ordered 2 of these:

Amazon.com: Samsung P2770FH 27-Inch Full HD LCD Monitor (Rose Black): Computers & Accessories

icon_cheers.gif

what did you give yourself for your last success?
And then, I started a blog ...

Comments

• tpatt100tpatt100 Member Posts: 2,991 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I bought a new desktop, I tend to keep my desktops for quite a while.
  • EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I reward myself with a carton of beer, usually Corona. Recently I have been quaffing Bintang though.
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • martell1000martell1000 Member Posts: 389
    how much bottles are located in a carton down under?
    24 usually. The local stuff is available in more quantity, 36 bottles, or stubbies as we call them.
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

• elToritoelTorito Member Posts: 102
    for a passed exam

passed ccna last week and now ordered 2 of these:

Amazon.com: Samsung P2770FH 27-Inch Full HD LCD Monitor (Rose Black): Computers & Accessories

Nice, and congrats! I've been using one of these, and it's a great monitor. Mine produced a light humming sound; to get rid of that, simply adjust the monitor brightness to somewhere between 75 and 85.
    WIP: CISSP, MCSE Server Infrastructure
    Casual reading:
    CCNP, Windows Sysinternals Administrator's Reference, Network Warrior

thats a nice reward then - if you do em all on one evening :D

but as i am german i strongly suggest you get some hefeweizen next time :D
    elTorito wrote: »
    Nice, and congrats! I've been using one of these, and it's a great monitor. Mine produced a light humming sound; to get rid of that, simply adjust the monitor brightness to somewhere between 75 and 85.

thank you! i will keep that in mind when i set them up :)
  • shecklersheckler Member Posts: 201
    If I pass an exam I stop at Wendy's on the way home. Ok, I stop even if I failed.
  • rsuttonrsutton Member Posts: 1,029 ■■■■■□□□□□
    A nice dinner followed by a nice bottle of wine or a nice spirit.
  • cxzar20cxzar20 Member Posts: 168
    I bought a brand new Challenger SRT8 after passing my PMP to celebrate the end of certifications...at least for the forseeable future
    thats a nice reward then - if you do em all on one evening :D

but as i am german i strongly suggest you get some hefeweizen next time :D

LOL! Couldnt polish off 36 bottles in an evening. You have some good beers, I've tried Bitburger, wasnt bad. Schoefferhoffer (pardon the spelling if they are wrong) wasnt that good though. I'll give Hefeweizen a go too, that's if it's available.
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

• NOC-NinjaNOC-Ninja Member Posts: 1,403
    I bought a ccie lab and narbik bootcamp. Lol now I'm in debt.
    Essendon wrote: »
    LOL! Couldnt polish off 36 bottles in an evening. You have some good beers, I've tried Bitburger, wasnt bad. Schoefferhoffer (pardon the spelling if they are wrong) wasnt that good though. I'll give Hefeweizen a go too, that's if it's available.

if you can get you fingers on "augustiner helles" do it ...

its one of the best german beers :D
    NOC-Ninja wrote: »
    I bought a ccie lab and narbik bootcamp. Lol now I'm in debt.

haha and i kinda felt bad spending 600$ on screens :D
  • the_Grinchthe_Grinch Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    sheckler wrote: »
    If I pass an exam I stop at Wendy's on the way home. Ok, I stop even if I failed.

I laughed for about 5 minutes on this comment!

Haven't taken a certification in awhile, in the past I hadn't really done any celebrating. If I reach my goals this time though, I'll probably drink (though to be honest, I drink regardless of the reason or occassion). Two new drinks of choice:

Orange Vodka (Three Olives) with either Sprite Zero or Fanta Orange Zero
    Orange Vodka and Red Bull (tastes like an orange tic-tac, it rocks!)

Congrats to the op as well!
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff
  • Jack2Jack2 Member Posts: 153
    Where do you need to have the camera placed when you are taking an online proctored test?
    WGU Courses Completed at WGU: CPW3, EWB2, WFV1, TEV1, TTV1, AKV1, TNV1| TSV1, LET1, ORC1, MGC1, TPV1, TWA1, CVV1, DHV1, DIV1, DJV1, TXP1, TYP1, CUV1, TXC1, TYC1, CJV1
    Classes Transferred: BAC1, BBC1, LAE1, LAT1, LUT1 ,1LC1, 1MC1, QLT1, IWC1, IWT1, INC1, INT1, SSC1, SST1, CLC1
    WGU Graduate - BSIT 2014
  • AhriakinAhriakin Member Posts: 1,799 ■■■■■■■■□□
    One tub of Ben&Jerrys....seriously it's been tradition since I did my first (Sec+). At one point I was doing the CCSP and MCSE non-stop together for a few months so I ended up putting on a fair amount of weight (okay so sitting at a desk studying instead of getting exercise didn't help either :) ).
    We responded to the Year 2000 issue with "Y2K" solutions...isn't this the kind of thinking that got us into trouble in the first place?
  • Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Steak Dinner. Usually from Apple Bees or J Alexander's
  • HypntickHypntick Member Posts: 1,451 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Steak Dinner. Usually from Apple Bees or J Alexander's

Totally off topic but J Alexander's has one of the best burgers ever.

I'll usually treat myself to a couple of days of relaxation, some wine, and maybe a new video game or something.
    WGU BS:IT Completed June 30th 2012.
    WGU MS:ISA Completed October 30th 2013.
  • TackleTackle Member Posts: 534
    As soon as I passed the test I went home and put some new parts in my parents computer...not much of a reward I suppose.

My reward was moving out of my parents house into my own apartment with my girlfriend. It was time, I was 20 with a college degree and fulltime job living at home still.

I drink beer everynight (since I turned 21 of course ;)). I should probably cut down. I've put on over 50 pounds in the last 3 years since I graduated HS. Combination of college, studying for my cert, sitting at a desk all day and drinking beer at night while watching tv and not moving around.
  • arwesarwes Member Posts: 633 ■■■□□□□□□□
    A bowl of birthday cake remix at Cold Stone Creamery. I don't have one locally, but there's one in the town I have to go to for testing. I flunked the 70-294 last time, so I ended up with a sandwich and a fruit cup LOL.
    [size=-2]Started WGU - BS IT:NDM on 1/1/13, finished 12/31/14
    Working on: Waiting on the mailman to bring me a diploma
    What's left: Graduation![/size]
  • whatthehellwhatthehell Member Posts: 920
    congratz on the pass and nice reward to yourself! I haven't taken a cert in quite some time, but plan on finishing at least 3-4 before the end of the year. Last time I did complete one, I think I just went out for a nice dinner.
    2017 Goals:
    [ ] Security + [ ] 74-409 [ ] CEH
    Future Goals:
    TBD
  • gorebrushgorebrush Member Posts: 2,743 ■■■■■■■□□□
    There's a "Burger Van" that's on the estate where I take my exams.

Usually have a double cheese burger as a reward :D
  • demonfurbiedemonfurbie Member Posts: 1,819
    Taking the wife to dinner, when I'm done with wgu I plan to go on a cruise
    wgu undergrad: done ... woot!!
    WGU MS IT Management: done ... double woot :cheers:
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I will usually reward myself buying some games/movies or going out for a nice dinner. If it's a certain certification I may get some new tech for my home theater/gaming setup.
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • AldurAldur Member Posts: 1,460
    I just finished my work on the JNCIE-SP bootcamp course. Rewarded myself with:

1 of Synology DiskStation 5-Bay Storage DS1511+

3 of Hitachi Deskstar 3 TB SATA 6.0 Gb-s 64 MB Cache 7200RPM

Now I just have to resist checking the tracking statuses for the next week.
    "Bribe is such an ugly word. I prefer extortion. The X makes it sound cool."

-Bender
  • the_Grinchthe_Grinch Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Aldur wrote: »
    I just finished my work on the JNCIE-SP bootcamp course. Rewarded myself with:

1 of Synology DiskStation 5-Bay Storage DS1511+

3 of Hitachi Deskstar 3 TB SATA 6.0 Gb-s 64 MB Cache 7200RPM

Now I just have to resist checking the tracking statuses for the next week.

Looks like I am going through the Juniper certs!
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff
  • docricedocrice Member Posts: 1,706 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Food, slightly more expensive (and fatty) than usual. But unlike buying food under normal circumstances, my reward in this case involves a sense of "because I deserve it!"

In other words, it's just a self-justified indulgence which doesn't mean anything.
    Hopefully-useful stuff I've written: http://kimiushida.com/bitsandpieces/articles/