Options

ESX 4.1 Information

higherhohigherho Member Posts: 882
Hi all,

What would be the best book / information / source to learn about ESX 4.1 and above? Any free sources for the time being would be great too. I want to learn more about ESX and honestly I need to by the end of the year.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    elToritoelTorito Member Posts: 102
    The Mastering VMware vSphere 4 book by Scott Lowe seems to be regarded as one of the better sources of vSphere information. I've got a copy, and it's certainly a great deal more in-depth than the official VCP certification guide. The vSphere 5 book by the same author will be out in Fall 2011.
    WIP: CISSP, MCSE Server Infrastructure
    Casual reading:
    CCNP, Windows Sysinternals Administrator's Reference, Network Warrior

• Options
    higherhohigherho Member Posts: 882
    elTorito wrote: »
    The Mastering VMware vSphere 4 book by Scott Lowe seems to be regarded as one of the better sources of vSphere information. I've got a copy, and it's certainly a great deal more in-depth than the official VCP certification guide. The vSphere 5 book by the same author will be out in Fall 2011.

Thank you very much elTorito. I will have to search around amazon for it and sneak some time into studding it while I'm preparing for my Microsoft certifications.
  • Options
    bertiebbertieb Member Posts: 1,031 ■■■■■■□□□□
    and don't forget the documentation on the VMware website. Thats a great resource too.
    The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never tell if they are genuine - Abraham Lincoln