Options

From Todd Lammle - New Cisco Certs...

toddlammletoddlammle Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
Check out my latest Video update on the newest Cisco Certifications announced this week:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbmbWfN5oQk

Cheers!
Todd Lammle

Comments

• Options
    SteveThingSteveThing Member Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Good points and I can relate on a personal level for the nexus and voip technologies. The military doesn't provide in depth training on Cisco, but instead a basic understanding of what you will be doing (CCT R/S).

This does bring forth some interesting problems I think. How will these CCT certs really pan out on a professional level? Will companies treat these certs as they do CompTIA (you've got them, but they don't really count since they are "mandatory")? Aside from specific knowledge, would someone who is CCNA or higher certified really find any benefit from these certs on a personal marketablility (not a real word, I know) aspect?
    CompTIA: Net+, Sec+
    Aruba: ACMA, ACMP
    Air Force:
    2E251, 3D152, Fiber Installation Expert, Certified Cryptographic Network Professional, and a couple hundred useless certs on nothing important in real life (aka, Tree Killing+)
  • Options
    lochmoighlochmoigh Member Posts: 89 ■■□□□□□□□□
    One thing that stands out for me is the problem of fake Cisco gear?!?! I didn't realize it was a problem.
    Currently Reading:
    ICND2 Official Exam Guide
    Second Edition Wendell Odom
    CCNA: Cisco Certified Network Associate Study Guide: Exam 640-802
    31 days Before your CCNA Allan Johnson
    Network Warrior: Everything you need to know that wasn't on the CCNA exam Gary A. Donahue

Looking for IT openings in East TN
  • Options
    Ron BrandtRon Brandt Member Posts: 55 ■■□□□□□□□□
    lochmoigh wrote: »
    One thing that stands out for me is the problem of fake Cisco gear?!?! I didn't realize it was a problem.
    There's lots....
    Get's worse when you purchase online and your goods are conficasted because they are not genuine...

Ron
  • Options
    SteveThingSteveThing Member Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Ya, when I was in Iraq we had purchased 30-40 new devices and I had to go through each one to ensure they were legit. I only found two china-co routers. Pretty scary, especially for military communications...

I haven't seen a fake device (that I know of) in a couple years though.
    CompTIA: Net+, Sec+
    Aruba: ACMA, ACMP
    Air Force:
    2E251, 3D152, Fiber Installation Expert, Certified Cryptographic Network Professional, and a couple hundred useless certs on nothing important in real life (aka, Tree Killing+)
  • Options
    TheShadowTheShadow Member Posts: 1,057 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Thanks Todd, that was a great overview. I already pointed my neighbor to your video, it got him off my lawn :)
    Who knows what evil lurks in the heart of technology?... The Shadow DO
  • Options
    Cisco InfernoCisco Inferno Member Posts: 1,034 ■■■■■■□□□□
    awesome work todd. I loved your Network+ book. I might pick this up before the CCENT.
    :)

when are you going to have materials?
    2019 Goals
    CompTIA Linux+
    [ ] Bachelor's Degree
  • Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
  • Options
    jibbajabbajibbajabba Member Posts: 4,317 ■■■■■■■■□□
    We had the problem where a switch / router (forgot which) didn't accept licenses and Cisco refused to support this. For some reason this device had a part (ROM ?) which wasn't certified Cisco .. We bought it officially from a known company here but it was refurbished so it seems it was "fixed" using uncertified parts ..
    My own knowledge base made public: http://open902.com :p