Windows Server 2000, removing password from a user account?

scot_doneckerscot_donecker Member Posts: 45 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi, I have a Windows 2000 Server, and four client computers. All four clients map the network drive of the server on start up. When they enter their program the data is gathered from the network drive. One of the users started complaining about their jobs not opening inside their program, so I took a look at it, and it seemed as if they were'nt logged on to the network drive. I then went to my computer and double clicked the network drive and it asked for a password. I left it blank and click ok, and bam it logged on. I checked the local users, through administrative tools, on the server and their account was the only one with a password, and the password was blank.

My question is, how do I remove the password all together, so they do not have to enter one each time they start the computer. If theres not a way to do this then I'll try something else. Or maybe remove their account, and then add it back again?, I dunno...

Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks!
"If the answer was never to look to yourself, then how can you expect to find it anywhere else" -Eyedea

Comments

• johnnynodoughjohnnynodough Member Posts: 634
    Workgroup or domain?
    Go Hawks - 7 and 2

2 games againts San Fran coming up, oh yeah baby, why even play? just put then in the win category and call it good :p
  • DelocNYCDelocNYC Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    how is the share mapped? (persistant mapping or logon script)
  • jmc724jmc724 Member Posts: 415
    " I checked the local users, through administrative tools, on the server and their account was the only one with a password, and the password was blank. "

Is this Peachtree app they are using? Or Lotus apps?

In a domain environment you dont need to do so, this seems like a workgroup environment.
    What next?
  • scot_doneckerscot_donecker Member Posts: 45 ■■□□□□□□□□
    yeah, its a workgroup environment.
    "If the answer was never to look to yourself, then how can you expect to find it anywhere else" -Eyedea
  • jmc724jmc724 Member Posts: 415
    You need to create an account for each user on your server and assign the same pwd. Although the sids arent the same but the users are, you should be able to have the drive accessed at all times. Check their permissions on the share.
    What next?
  • lost_packetlost_packet Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Why not just select the network logon option for client computers as "client for microsoft networks" and have the drives mapped checking the "reconnect at logon " .
  • scot_doneckerscot_donecker Member Posts: 45 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks, I'll try that.