Options

Question about the SY0-301

JubeiYagaruJubeiYagaru Member Posts: 47 ■■□□□□□□□□
Alright , I am currently A+ certified on the recent 701-702 exams, and I am about to take my exam for the Network +. What I was curious about is how much new material exists on the security + that I would not have seen before on the A+ and Net+ material ? Just a general run down or percentages would be fine. Mostly I'm just trying to figure if its worth my time to study for the security + during between classes, or just hold off till I'm done with the next 10 weeks.

Comments

• Options
    DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Speaking for the 201, not much carries over. Some port numbers from Net+ is the only thing I can think of off the top of my head. Security+ introduces a lot of new terms to the market.

Definitely study for the Security+. You MIGHT be able to get by without it, but don't chance losing that kind of money on a whim.
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • Options
    JubeiYagaruJubeiYagaru Member Posts: 47 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Alright, for now I will pass on the Security plus unless I just end up with alot of down time during school. Just trying not to overload myself, but also making sure I'm not being idle either. I have almost the same exact question about the CCENT, if ya have a network plus and have just seen all the material, how much more is needed to know for a CCENT ? Figured a few Cisco IOS commands, but isn't the CCENT just basically a rehash of basic networking ? If I'm wrong, feel free to correct me, I'm here to learn, especially if someone has better information and insight on a particular certification.
  • Options
    Michael2Michael2 Member Posts: 305 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I don't think there is anything basic about the CCENT. I've got the video from CBTNuggets and there's a lot of material. I don't want to go through it now and spoil the surprise but I would suggest setting aside a year to study for it. The test has labs as well so you will want to purchase a network simulator or you can buy some stuff from Ebay. If you do shop on Ebay, read the descriptions carefully. I almost got duped into buying an empty shell once.
  • Options
    Michael2Michael2 Member Posts: 305 ■■■□□□□□□□
    That's also if you have Network+.