US against ATT / T-Mobile merger

BokehBokeh Member Posts: 1,636 ■■■■■■■□□□

Comments

• DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I can't say I'm surprised.
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I was just going to post this. This is a really big deal for DT. They want out of the US market. Wonder if Sprint will take a look at them next.
  • higherhohigherho Member Posts: 882
    Sprint should honestly get them. Then more pressure will be on version and AT&T to stop jacking up the prices. I'm tired of paying 90 bucks a month for a smartphone =/
    higherho wrote: »
    Sprint should honestly get them. Then more pressure will be on version and AT&T to stop jacking up the prices. I'm tired of paying 90 bucks a month for a smartphone =/

Go to Sprint. Smartphone, unlimited everything except minutes but I come nowhere close to using those. Good service. Oh, and less than $50 a month!
  • hiddenknight821hiddenknight821 Member Posts: 1,209 ■■■■■■□□□□
    higherho wrote: »

Although, I'm not a T-Mobile customer, but I think they might have a plan for you. If you have a partner, you both can get the $49 unlimited 4G plan now. I honestly think this is a good deal but unfortunately I can't switch now since I'm single and broke. :)
  • CodeBloxCodeBlox Member Posts: 1,363 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Cell phone companies are ridiculous... I had to get on my moms family plan just to afford cell phone service.
    Currently reading: Network Warrior, Unix Network Programming by Richard Stevens
  • SteveLordSteveLord Member Posts: 1,717
    TMobile customer service has been great for me for years (recently left them for Verizon.) They also have some of the cheaper plans. ATT would eliminate all that for sure.
    WGU B.S.IT - 9/1/2015 >>> ???
  • the_Grinchthe_Grinch Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I really like what they did in an attempt to get this deal through. There was a news story stating that if the deal was allowed through, they would bring 5000 call center jobs back to the US. I hope this deal crash and burns as it should, there is no public interest here at all. We need Teddy Roosevelt to be brought back from the dead, he'd handle this quickly!

A funny video about AT&T....

ATT History - YouTube
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff
  • PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I've been following this for a while and I'm not surprised. We recently switched to T-mobile and are saving about $60 month over VZN.
  • Mike-MikeMike-Mike Member Posts: 1,860
    Sprint is where it's at
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark
  • XcluzivXcluziv Member Posts: 513 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Psoasman wrote: »
    I've been following this for a while and I'm not surprised. We recently switched to T-mobile and are saving about $60 month over VZN.

I'm sure, Verizon is way overpriced IMO. Pretty good reception, but I'm sure that's debatable depending on your demographics after talking to a few people. Plus, I get an extra 12% off my bill with T-Mobile, but wouldn't matter as I would get one with any cell phone provider icon_wink.gif
    LINKED | GTECH | NOTHINGBUTSHAREPOINT - BLOG AUTHOR

"TRY NOT. DO. OR DO NOT. THERE IS NO TRY" - Yoda

• PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Xcluziv wrote: »
    I'm sure, Verizon is way overpriced IMO. Pretty good reception, but I'm sure that's debatable depending on your demographics after talking to a few people. Plus, I get an extra 12% off my bill with T-Mobile, but wouldn't matter as I would get one with any cell phone provider icon_wink.gif

VZN has great network coverage, but you pay for it. I went from paying $140/month with a 17% discount to around $85 or so. My wife is a distributor for Amway and they give a 12% discount. Even better, they waived our $70 activation fees from out first bill from T-Mobile, as we only switched 3 weeks ago.

With the DOJ filing their complaint, I wonder if the the FCC is going to go along with them and block the merger. AT&T is going to have to give some major concessions and some fast talking to keep this going.
    I recently went Verizon because

1. They offer newer phones, unlike Tmobile and even worse....US Cellular.
    2. I get an 18% discount making the wife's iPhone a little more bearable. (Office provides me mine...which is VZW also.)
    3. Network isn't slow as balls, like Tmobile was.
    SteveLord wrote: »

Why would they? My understanding was that ATT was going to take T-Mobiles network and turn it into ATT's 4g network. What that results in is every t-mobile customer needing a new phone to operate on ATT. Even if its free, people who are happy with their phone will want to keep it.
  • hiddenknight821hiddenknight821 Member Posts: 1,209 ■■■■■■□□□□
    If T-Mobile manages to stay independent, and they got the iPhone 5 too like Sprint, then it's AT&T that's probably going into dust. :)
  • NetworkingStudentNetworkingStudent Member Posts: 1,407 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I have ATT and the service is so so..I love the rollover minutes, but miss the awesome customer service I had with Tmobile. Everytime I go to an ATT store it's like going to the stinking DMV and grabbing a number and waiting in line. T moblike would greeet you right away and treat you lie a prson, not a number. I love my I phone but hate the customer service. I remember paying a bill once usng cash, and I neglected to use their atm type cash machie that takes your cash to pay your bill, and the cashier said if there was A 5$ fee for paying at registier let them know and htey wll rfind my bill....what the heck...why would there be a 5 dollar charge , anyway? If Iever go to any ATT store, I have always had to wait 10-5 minutes or more to get help of any sort. The worst part is there isn't alot of ATT stores in MN.
    When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened."

--Alexander Graham Bell,
    American inventor