Options

Another 201 Passed

4o7FiveSeven4o7FiveSeven Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
First I would like to start off by saying a big THANK YOU to everyone on this board. Your consistant encouragement and guidance to others really motivates long time lurkers like myself. bowing.gif

I passed with an 847 today. The only study material I used was Darril Gibson's Security+ based on the great reviews it received on here. I'm a pretty good test taker so I only went through the book once but I will say that I wasn't as confident in my answers as I was with the A+ and Net+. For those with no network or security experience like myself I would suggest using an additional source or at least finding more practice questions.

A+, Net+, and Sec+ completed in 2 months and the ITILv3 is scheduled for next week. I figure a week is adequate time for that being the bootcamp my boss went through was only 3 days and he said they basically read through the study material.

After ITIL I plan on turning my sights towards Cisco certifications. I'm not sure if I should go the 1 or 2 exam route for acquiring the CCNA. Any suggestions? The immediate goal is to reach the CCNA:Security by Dec. so I can start applying for NOC jobs.

Sorry for the extended post, after lurking for so long the questions are just exploding out of me. bom.gif

Comments

• Options
    alan2308alan2308 Member Posts: 1,854 ■■■■■■■■□□
  • Options
    DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Way to go
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • Options
    whatthehellwhatthehell Member Posts: 920
    Congratz on your pass! icon_cheers.gif
    2017 Goals:
    [ ] Security + [ ] 74-409 [ ] CEH
    Future Goals:
    TBD
  • Options
    reppgoareppgoa Member Posts: 151
    dont sweat ITIL at all. I took the bootcamp, did 0 studying outside of the class, and passed with a 95%~ and only took like 20 minutes out of the hour to finish. Its really easy.
  • Options
    whatthehellwhatthehell Member Posts: 920
    reppgoa wrote: »
    dont sweat ITIL at all. I took the bootcamp, did 0 studying outside of the class, and passed with a 95%~ and only took like 20 minutes out of the hour to finish. Its really easy.

Where did you take the bootcamp? Recommended? or just self-study?
    2017 Goals:
    [ ] Security + [ ] 74-409 [ ] CEH
    Future Goals:
    TBD
  • Options
    reppgoareppgoa Member Posts: 151
    my company paid for a trainer to come to our location
  • Options
    Michael2Michael2 Member Posts: 305 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Sorry for the extended post, after lurking for so long the questions are just exploding out of me. bom.gif

I've got some questions for you. What do you mean "another 201" and why did you decide to take that one?