Options

New

1Ste1Ste Member Posts: 81 ■■□□□□□□□□
I guess theres not a forum section to post this but, as You can see in my sig I have alot of Certs ahead of me. At the moment Im taking A+ at my highschool and am already reading a book on CCNA, You won't see me post alot, but I will be reading alot.

I like getting ahead, I searched alot for a CCNA forum and found this one.
Working for Network+, Server+, CCNA, Security+, CCNP, CCIE. MCSE.

Bachelors Degree in computer information Systems.

Wanna help?

Comments

• Options
    johnnynodoughjohnnynodough Member Posts: 634
    Welcome to the forums :D
    Definetely one of the best around of not the best!
    Glad to see an eager young mind, if only I was that eager in high school I would probably be further ahead in my career (didnt help that I changed careers right out of college). You are making a smart move getting ahead on things, IT is a young field, so its good to get started as early as possible. ANy questions or comments feel free to drop them in the forums, rarely do posts go unanswered. The more people that post questions, the more knowledge everyone gains.

Good luck with your A+ and your pursuit of Cisco goodness icon_thumright.gif
    Go Hawks - 7 and 2

2 games againts San Fran coming up, oh yeah baby, why even play? just put then in the win category and call it good :p
  • Options
    Thxs, I also plan to get a bachlers degree in Computer systems info or something like that, I was told by many people that to get a job that pays big, they like a degree and many certs.

I belong to, two other tech forums not dedicated to CCNA though.
    http://forums.overclockersclub.com/?
    http://www.tech-forums.net/

Im pretty sure Ill have no problems and will not have to study much for the A+ examination.

Wanna help?
  • Options
    QUIX0TICQUIX0TIC Member Posts: 277
    We should all encourage you to post more comments. Even though you say you would read a lot more than posting... it is always recommended to post your questions whether basic or advanced. Just like JohhnyND said... your question is someone elses gain. (Different words same meaning)

Good luck to you in your future studies. And if you really want big money... dont go IT... go in the Medical Doctor field. A friend of mine is just finishing his anesthesia (the DR who puts people asleep when they do surgery) and he is going to make about 450K his first year out. IT field cant get that type of money!!!
    "To realize one's destiny is a person's only obligation."
  • Options
    QUIX0TIC wrote:
    We should all encourage you to post more comments. Even though you say you would read a lot more than posting... it is always recommended to post your questions whether basic or advanced. Just like JohhnyND said... your question is someone elses gain. (Different words same meaning)

Good luck to you in your future studies. And if you really want big money... dont go IT... go in the Medical Doctor field. A friend of mine is just finishing his anesthesia (the DR who puts people asleep when they do surgery) and he is going to make about 450K his first year out. IT field cant get that type of money!!!

The only problem with that is, I like computers more, Im already very knowledgeable in this area, I don't like docters and I don't really care for helping people. Sounds kinda bad but its the truth. Also Becomming a docter takes more years of school does it not. I don't plan to get married or have a family until Im sure Im finacialy secure or more.

On my study of CCNA so far, I have started reading a review book of it having no past experience with networking, I have to reread sections about 2-4 times to understand it, But once I do I get it, I understand, IP's, routing protocals (don't know all different types yet), I understand the uses of switches, routers and intranets.

I think thats pretty good for someone still in highschool and not yet completed A+ yet. My other accomplishments not related to networking is , I love building computers. Ive built 3 Gaming systems and help alot on repairing PC's. It comes easy to me, which is why I want to do it.

Wanna help?
  • Options
    QUIX0TICQUIX0TIC Member Posts: 277
    That sounds cool... High School doesnt matter... its all about knowledge. I used to work with a guy who just got out of high school but obtained his CCIE. Of course, he was on 18 and had a hard time finding a job for a CCIE... but once he transitioned... he is currently working for Cisco now as one of their stars. He is 20 now and going for a dual CCIE... smart kid!
    "To realize one's destiny is a person's only obligation."
  • Options
    ya dude, I can only hope It is easy for me. I love reading when its on something I like such as computers.

Are there any classes for these certifications that at the end have you take the Exam, Im all for studying myself but Id like a class also.

Wanna help?
  • Options
    cdad2000cdad2000 Member Posts: 323
    who needs certs with a sense of humor like yours, welcome to the team