Options

Passed Server+ Today

mwwalkermwwalker Registered Users Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
Passed Server+ today. Very little studying. I have two years of hands on experience and had passed Security+ just last week. There were some closely related questions. It is a combination of A+, Security+, and basic server knowledge. Did not find much material to study just searched around and found a few practice questions around the web and brushed up on RAID terminology. If you have at least some experience it is pretty easy. On to A+ and Network+ now. I will probably take my A+ next as I think I can pass it easily without to much studying, then I'll tackle the Network+, as I have heard it is one of the hardest to pass?

Comments

• Options
    zaxbysaucezaxbysauce Member Posts: 94 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Grats, add it to your certs on your profile or it doesn't count.
    Transferred
    LAE1 LUT1 LAT1 AXV1 TTV1 INC1 SSC1 SST1 GAC1 HHT1 TSV1 IWC1 IWT1 ABV1 BAC1 BBC1 TNV1
    Finished
    EWB2
    WFV1 CLC1MGC1
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    whatthehellwhatthehell Member Posts: 920
    Congratz on the pass and good luck with future certs! icon_thumright.gif
    2017 Goals:
    [ ] Security + [ ] 74-409 [ ] CEH
    Future Goals:
    TBD
  • Options
    whatthehellwhatthehell Member Posts: 920
    Network + does require a bit of studying --- sorry I would provide specifics, but I passed it almost 5 years ago!
    2017 Goals:
    [ ] Security + [ ] 74-409 [ ] CEH
    Future Goals:
    TBD
  • Options
    BlackoutBlackout Member Posts: 512 ■■■■□□□□□□
    mwwalker wrote: »
    Passed Server+ today. Very little studying. I have two years of hands on experience and had passed Security+ just last week. There were some closely related questions. It is a combination of A+, Security+, and basic server knowledge. Did not find much material to study just searched around and found a few practice questions around the web and brushed up on RAID terminology. If you have at least some experience it is pretty easy. On to A+ and Network+ now. I will probably take my A+ next as I think I can pass it easily without to much studying, then I'll tackle the Network+, as I have heard it is one of the hardest to pass?

Security+ was a walk in the park compared to Net+, just my two cents. Just allot of information you have to memorize and know. I don't think the material is hard, as much as how much material there is.
    Current Certification Path: CCNA, CCNP Security, CCDA, CCIE Security

"Practice doesn't make perfect. Perfect practice makes perfect"

Vincent Thomas "Vince" Lombardi
  • Options
    universalfrostuniversalfrost Member Posts: 247
    i too have server+ scheduled for next friday. i needed something to fill in the 1.5 weeks between the time i ended my net+ cert and when I started my ccna renewal and server+ fit the bill.... doing the skillport training on it right now and getting hi 90's on all the tests. scored a voucher off ebay for $145..... net + was super easy, 20 minutes and done, but it did include a lot of off the wall linux questions.

congrats on the pass
    "Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati" (when all else fails play dead) -Red Green
  • Options
    DevilryDevilry Member Posts: 668
    Congrats on the pass!