Mcse 2003/ 2008

ger1ger1 Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi all,
Just looking for a bit of advice really. I have the MCSE 2003 full training kit and was wondering is it worth while doing or should I go for the 2008 material at this stage?

Thanks for all replies

Comments

• DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Do you have any experience with 2003 servers or maybe even started studying for something?

If no to both, MCITP:EA might be the route to go. But there really isn't a wrong route. Pretty much everything that exists in 2003 is either the same or improved with the new OS. So if you do the 2003 stuff it should make your 2008 journey smoother.
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • ger1ger1 Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Devilsbane wrote: »
    Do you have any experience with 2003 servers or maybe even started studying for something?

If no to both, MCITP:EA might be the route to go. But there really isn't a wrong route. Pretty much everything that exists in 2003 is either the same or improved with the new OS. So if you do the 2003 stuff it should make your 2008 journey smoother.

Hi there,
    I have extensive experience with 2003, just never got around to getting certified.

Thanks
  • DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Sounds like you should do the 2003 stuff then. Should be a lot of review and give you the credentials for the technology that you know.
    Decide what to be and go be it.