Options

Taking Net+ before CCNA?

Mc5ullyMc5ully Banned Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
I'm trying to grab a few certs before my job hunt early next year. I've decided to grab the Net+ cert before my CCNA because, frankly, it's easier to pass.

I know CCNA looks better than Net+ on a resume; but i feel it's better to have Net+ than nothing at all.

Any thoughts on people who have both certs or have experience with them in the job market?

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I got the Network+ and it helped me in my job hunt and most importantly provided a solid knowledge in networking ports, protocols, etc. I will be pursuing my CCNA next after my MCSE is finished.
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    BlackoutBlackout Member Posts: 512 ■■■■□□□□□□
    My personal opinion is that the Network+ is a ground foundation certification for anything network related. I just recently started my CCNA journey, and allot of Network+ is in there.
    Its like the analogy of building a house, my foundation has been the Network+, now im building my house on that foundation. Network+ exam is expensive though.
    Current Certification Path: CCNA, CCNP Security, CCDA, CCIE Security

"Practice doesn't make perfect. Perfect practice makes perfect"

Vincent Thomas "Vince" Lombardi
  • Options
    DeathgomperDeathgomper Member Posts: 356 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Blackout wrote: »
    My personal opinion is that the Network+ is a ground foundation certification for anything network related. I just recently started my CCNA journey, and allot of Network+ is in there.
    Its like the analogy of building a house, my foundation has been the Network+, now im building my house on that foundation. Network+ exam is expensive though.

Agreed!

Networking is not easy, without the network+ I would have had a much harder time pursuing the CCNA.
  • Options
    Joshuab009Joshuab009 Member Posts: 67 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I dived in head first and got my CCNA for my first cert. I am taking the Network + exam in 2 hours. Now that I have put in the work for this exam, I see how it would have been a great 'prep exam' for the CCNA.
  • Options
    Mc5ullyMc5ully Banned Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for everyones input. I am knowledgeable to pass Net+ without too much study. But CCNA(subnetting) will require much more effort.