June 2011 CISA/CISM results

13»

Comments

• Inbahrain2011Inbahrain2011 Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Did you guys get an email or did you check the ISACA site to find out they had completed your endorsement package. I emailed mine in on Saturday. we will see how long it takes.
  • colemiccolemic Member Posts: 1,569 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Did you guys get an email or did you check the ISACA site to find out they had completed your endorsement package. I emailed mine in on Saturday. we will see how long it takes.

I got an email on 9/2 that they had received my application package, but as of right now they haven't bothered to move it from the 'unreviewed' pile.

It befuddles me as to why their exam scoring, and certification process, are so lengthy.
    Working on: staying alive and staying employed
    colemic wrote: »
    I got an email on 9/2 that they had received my application package, but as of right now they haven't bothered to move it from the 'unreviewed' pile.

It befuddles me as to why their exam scoring, and certification process, are so lengthy.

I checked my status as of today and it says unreviewed, I suspect I will be waiting the entire 8 weeks. I noticed the people that have a CISA/CISSP cert seem to get there notification back faster than those of us without.
  • badrottiebadrottie Member Posts: 116
    I checked my status as of today and it says unreviewed, I suspect I will be waiting the entire 8 weeks. I noticed the people that have a CISA/CISSP cert seem to get there notification back faster than those of us without.

You could very wel be correct, as for either the CISA or CISSP, you must have documented work experience to qualify for either designation. The CISM gives a 2 year waiver if you have the CISSP, which also does not hurt matters (not that it was needed, but it never hurts).
  • redmondredmond Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□

I checked mine today, it says 'Complete-Under Review'. I received an email about receiving the application on Aug 10th 2011. Not sure why the delay is. Any ideas?? anybody on the same boat?
    I got an email from ISACA today they need more information about my years of security specific work experience. I used my time in the Military, I sent them everything they should have needed. I guess they need my Discharge paperwork from the military to prove that I was really in the military.
  • KashukKashuk Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I feel like I have made the biggest mistake starting the CISA course. I purchased the manual, and then part way through realised there are an additional 330 pages "IT Standards, Guidelines, and Tools and Techniques for Audit and Assurance and Control Professionals", which are really just 330 pages of lists after lists, which I will never be able to memorise. So I have blown my money really. Big mistake, If I knew I would never have wasted my time and money. I feel like I have been conned.

If anyone can assist I would be grateful.