Options

Which Equipments for CCNA Lab

bhattnbikesbhattnbikes Member Posts: 40 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi guys,

I am almost through the theoretical stuff of the exams and i managed to get Cisco 2503 and 2650 for practicing from my office. I might get a Giga-bit ehternet switch too ( not sure which series). Are these equipments good to practice for CCNA. Do give your suggestions.

Thanks,
Bhattnbikes
For Latest TEch NEws Check out : http://directfromdigg.blogspot.com/

Comments

• Options
    johnnynodoughjohnnynodough Member Posts: 634
    You will have routing covered with that gear, I wouldnt be looking for a gigabit switch, they are rather expensive and overkill for a CCNA lab. You should be looking for a 2950, that is what the switching on the test is based on, and if not a 2950, a 2924XL EN,2912 XL EN,2916 XL EN, or 2924M XL EN will do just fine. Whatever you do dont get a 1900 series switch, they dont support many of the tested features, they are CatOS, not IOS. All I do with mine is vlan all the ports out so that I can keep the Enet ports on my routers up and up.
    Go Hawks - 7 and 2

2 games againts San Fran coming up, oh yeah baby, why even play? just put then in the win category and call it good :p
  • Options
    bhattnbikesbhattnbikes Member Posts: 40 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks a lot for your reply Bump.

I dont have to worry for purchasing any equipment. I will just use whatever spare equipments i can manage to get from my work to practice at home.

Bhattnbikes
    For Latest TEch NEws Check out : http://directfromdigg.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    johnnynodoughjohnnynodough Member Posts: 634
    LOL, actually its Johnnynodough, the avator says "bmup", if anyone is wondering what thats about, its a shining example of our tax dollars at work, street maintenance workers who spray paint the street signs with mispellings icon_lol.gif
    Go Hawks - 7 and 2

2 games againts San Fran coming up, oh yeah baby, why even play? just put then in the win category and call it good :p