Can't open mail links....

Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
I have been unable to open links directly to a browser. It happens in Outlook, and in Mailwasher, a spam filter program. It just says cannot point link to web browser. In Outlook, it opens a blank window, and underneath it's looking for some browser link program?.....I've never seen anything like it....any ideas????.....
i remain, he who remains to be....

Comments

• RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Check your security settings icon_wink.gif
    www.supercross.com
    FIM website of the year 2007
  • Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    What would I be looking for? I checked, and nothing looks out of the ordinary, I made no changes to any setting recently........
  • 3000GT3000GT Member Posts: 212
    do you get the same type of problem say if you searched in google and then tried to click on a link and it wont go nowhere?
    No. It seems to only be links orginating from email. The same happens either with Outlook, or my spam filter program. The spam filter opens a blank window and small message window that says "cannot point the web browser to the link. (2)" Outlook gives no error message, juts opens a blank window, and if I X it out, there is a "Locate Link Broswer" window open looking for some .exe file. I scanned for bad stuff, found no spy/ad/virii.........
  • 3000GT3000GT Member Posts: 212
    thats very odd, but it does sound like a security setting..dunno what it could be thou icon_sad.gif
    *****UPDATE*****

I just took a look at processes ruinning through Process Explorer, and found Excel, Winword, 2 IEs, and some M$ agent server running. For some reason the office programs are hanging up my system a bit. The windows close when I'm done, but the process remains. And I don't know too much about the M$ agent server.....didn't look right, so I kill that too. Links seems to open now, I sent myself a couple of test links, and they open fine.....Hmmm.....