Options

passed SERVER+

universalfrostuniversalfrost Member Posts: 247
sat for the exam this morning and was suprised that some questions were extremely difficult and others were obscenely easy. There was no middle of the road questions.

I actually had over 20 questions marked for review when i finished. I hit the submit buttton wondering how close I was to the low end of the 750 mark, but I ended up with an 867 and it took 50 minutes....

The test i took had a lot of windows server technology based questions, which I was really glad about (i just finished redbuilding my 2003 server and building new 2008R2 machines for my home labs for the Microsoft MCITP exams I will sit for soon).

Anyway, did some skillsoft CBT's thru work, then got the kindle book for a good study guide that covered most of the information on the test, plus the test at the end was fairly decent (a little on the easy side compared to the actual exam i sat for). There are some typos, and a few exam questions with wrong answer, but right explanations, but it is the most recent material for the exam and it only cost $9.99 . Amazon.com: The Concise Server+ Study Guide (SK0-003) eBook: Jonathan Lau: Kindle Store
"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati" (when all else fails play dead) -Red Green

Comments

• Options
    whatthehellwhatthehell Member Posts: 920
    Congratz on the pass and thanks for posting the materials you used to pass!
    2017 Goals:
    [ ] Security + [ ] 74-409 [ ] CEH
    Future Goals:
    TBD
  • Options
    yeah with this cert there is little to no training material on it that is anywhere recent other than this kindle book and a course guide from AXO.

take a week and study for the server+ then go do the exam! that easy.... also, i got my voucher off eBay for only $145 (search comptia voucher) from some guy in United Arab Emirates yaaliadriknee
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    CompuTron99CompuTron99 Member Posts: 542
    Congrats. When I took it a few yesrs ago, I had trouble finding good material.
  • Options
    DevilryDevilry Member Posts: 668
  • Options
    N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    sat for the exam this morning and was suprised that some questions were extremely difficult and others were obscenely easy. There was no middle of the road questions.

I actually had over 20 questions marked for review when i finished. I hit the submit buttton wondering how close I was to the low end of the 750 mark, but I ended up with an 867 and it took 50 minutes....

The test i took had a lot of windows server technology based questions, which I was really glad about (i just finished redbuilding my 2003 server and building new 2008R2 machines for my home labs for the Microsoft MCITP exams I will sit for soon).

Anyway, did some skillsoft CBT's thru work, then got the kindle book for a good study guide that covered most of the information on the test, plus the test at the end was fairly decent (a little on the easy side compared to the actual exam i sat for). There are some typos, and a few exam questions with wrong answer, but right explanations, but it is the most recent material for the exam and it only cost $9.99 . Amazon.com: The Concise Server+ Study Guide (SK0-003) eBook: Jonathan Lau: Kindle Store

You beat me I finished with a 790 something. I agree some of the questions were very easy and others were challenging. I read some old over priced comptia approved book from Amazon. It gave me enough knowledge to pass. I personally think if you did great on A+ you could take this exam and give it a run for it's money.
  • Options
    i sat for the storage + the very next week (it is a beta right now and had a chance to sit for free)... actually saw a couple of questions from the server+ on the storage+.... also the server+ really helped to prepare for the storage + .... of course I don't know my results for the storage+ since it is still a beta and pass/fail scores are not finalized yet.