Is it worth bothering ? icon_smile.gif

Best regards,
Lordy
Working on CCNP: [X] SWITCH --- [ ] ROUTE --- [ ] TSHOOT
Goal for 2014: RHCA
Goal for 2015: CCDP

Comments

• 3000GT3000GT Member Posts: 212
    Dunno if this is for the same type of thing, but there is a Zend qualification, which used PHP and mySQL i think?

My mate is into the web development side of computer and he has just been scouted as they are in demand here, and hes on a very good wage!

I thought about it, but web dev aint really what i want to get into, but if there is money....i might be tempted.
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    It doesn't suprise me at all they have a certification program, but this is the first time I've seen it mentioned. Here's a link for others who are interested:
    icon_arrow.gifwww.mysql.com/training/certification/

I think they would go well with your LPIC certs. I does seem to go a lot further than installing and managing MySQL, and seems to be mostly valuable for developers. If the latter is what you do/want to do, I'm sure 'MySQL' certs will look good on a resume.
  • ITGuy88ITGuy88 Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    If you are interested in furthering yourself MySQL cert can be used as an elective towards MCSA.
  • lordylordy Member Posts: 632 ■■■■□□□□□□
    That's interesting. Do you have a link to verify that ? Just curious.

As I already have Security+ I would take this for an elective but I'm not currently aiming for MCSA.
    Working on CCNP: [X] SWITCH --- [ ] ROUTE --- [ ] TSHOOT
    Goal for 2014: RHCA
    Goal for 2015: CCDP
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    lordy wrote:
    That's interesting. Do you have a link to verify that?
    I was about to post the same question. After reading this topic I searched a bit and couldn't find anything about it. I'm pretty sure ITGuy88 got MS SQL server mixed up with MySQL.